Funny story in the news, a puppy called 911 and when the police arrived it turned out that its owner was wanted by the cops anyway. In fact they figure the phone was dropped and the puppy stepped on it causing 911 to be called. The man has been arrested and the police think the puppy will be a good candidate for their K-9 division.
A lot of fuss in the news about the Liberal candidate, Justin Trudeau, who admits to smoking pot since he has been a member of parliament. His dad was Pierre Trudeau who was, IMHOP, a great prime minister and I think everyone was expecting him to follow in his father’s footsteps. Maybe that hope was unfounded.
Sunday we have friends coming for dinner. Should be fun. I am cooking a leg of lamb which we know they enjoy.
The only problem I have with this recipe is the ingredient 1 lb leftover grilled ribeye steak. I would never have any leftover steak, let alone a whole pound of it. Therefore to make it I would have to plan to grill the steak in advance.
Turkish Lettuce WrapsContributed by Tim McKee
|© John Kernick|
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 pound very thinly sliced leftover Grilled Rib Eye
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt with the tahini, half of the garlic and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt.
- In another bowl, toss the carrots with the cilantro, cumin, paprika and the remaining garlic, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a very large platter and spoon a small dollop of the sesame yogurt in the centers. Top with the beef and the carrot slaw and serve right away.