Tuesday morning we had snow, by Tuesday afternoon it had mostly disappeared. As we are having some friends over tonight, I really don’t want it to snow.
My cleaning lady came on Tuesday and finished her work by setting up the skirt for the Christmas tree. Looks so much better with it. We gave her a present which she seemed please with, mixture of edible goodies. Later I made a dip for tomorrow’s cheese and wine – an artichoke and cheese dip – and mixed up the cream cheese filling for the Strawberry Santas. Everything else had to wait til today. We have to pick up a cheese tray this afternoon and then decide if we need a few more grapes. Our Mrs. Mop has said she will come back on Jan 7, day after we dismantle our tree, and vacuum for us which will be great. It does make one hell of a mess. Its an old tree after all.
Read a news story which said Chinese workers are being charged large sums for a chance to work in Canadian mines on a temporary basis. The labour brokers are charging as much as $16,000 and then the workers will only get paid $10 an hour which is peanuts. One can’t imagine them being able to afford the charge in the first place, or to pay most of it back from their wages. The picture shows a mine entrance, or an adit. I have never been down a mine and have no desire so to do thank you. I wouldn’t even go down a gold mine if I ever got the chance.
At this time of year I find cocktail bites very useful things to have. These appealed to me, especially as I have been tasting spicy jams, none of which I found very spicy. Maybe I need to add some Tabasco or something similar.
Jalapeño Popper Cups
Photo by flower7
Serves: 4-6, Yield: 15.0 cups
About This Recipe
"I found this online; you can make the filling ahead of time and refrigerate covered until ready to fill the phyllo cups."
- 15 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- bacon bits
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place phyllo cups onto a baking sheet.
- Stir together cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, jalapeños, and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Spoon mixture into phyllo cups.
- Sprinkle bacon bits on top.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Have a great day