Friday, May 23, 2008

Cats and Glasses, Let It Heal

I was amazed, my CT Scan appointment was for 9:40 a.m., we got there a bit early; I was out by 10:00, incredible. We were expecting to hang around the hospital for ages. Its very easy, I lay on the table fully clothed, even kept my coat on as it was a bit chilly in there, the machine passed over my head a couple of times and that was it. Matt was parking the car and had barely sat down in the waiting room before I joined him. You could say, as they were scanning my brain, there really wasn't a lot for them to see, but I'd rather you didn't say it *g*.

After lunch we went to get my new glasses which they took forever adjusting. Boy do they cost a lot of money these days, I am so glad we have insurance. I can't imagine what people do without it. I also have a snazzy new case for them, it can be reversed to black and pink or black and mauve, it probably won't get used much though, I wear them all the time.

Matt went to Let It Heal in the afternoon - he has been having lots of back pain and so I finally persuaded him to go, if you have been reading this blog long enough, you will know I have lots of praise for the Bowen Treatment as practiced by Let It Heal, it has helped me terrifically and I have recommended it to others who have benefited as much. We will hope that it can help Matt, it should, but it takes at least 3 sessions before you know if it is helping you. If you want to read about it click here for their website.

Here's a different recipe for Asparagus Soup which came with my Cookbook Wizard programme.

Asparagus Soup

Servings: 4

1 pound asparagus
2 cups water
1 tablespoon margarine
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup water
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup low-fat milk
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel

Cut tips from asparagus stalks; reserve. Cut stalks into 2-inch pieces. Heat 2 cups water and the asparagus stalks to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until tender; do not drain. Pour asparagus with water into blender. Cover and blend until smooth.

Heat margarine in 3-quart saucepan until melted. Stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup water. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in asparagus mixture, bouillon granules, curry powder, salt, pepper and asparagus tips. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Stir in milk; heat just until hot. Sprinkle with lemon peel.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment