Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Time, Bowling, Laptop, Anniversary, Fried Veg.

Seem to be having a time problem lately. I have emails I haven't replied to yet, blogs I haven't yet read, Spanish lessons I haven't done. Oy vey. However, we did get to the bowling alley this afternoon and much to my surprise, Matt bowled all three games. He even beat me on the second game. Mind you I was bowling appallingly badly until the last game. However, despite getting a pretty good score on that game, my average dropped a point. Frustrating to say the least. For those of you who know bowling, I got 5 spares in 6 frames in my last game. Helped my score considerably.

I have been spending some time trying to sort out stuff on my new laptop. I was a tad annoyed, I could not get my mouse touch pad turned off (easy to do on my last laptop) so talked to Hewlett Packard. They ended up taking over the machine and then having done a few things, they decided to reset the laptop. I gave them permission knowing I would lose some programmes. They still haven't really finished and last night I was up late with the Intuit people trying to install Quicken again. I also needed to install Dropbox but that won't talk to my PC now. No idea why. I will be getting on to HP so they can finish whatever they left undone. I am not a very happy camper.

Dithering about where to go for our Anniversary Dinner on Wednesday (47 years). I was a bit put off by the Charcoal Steakhouse because of the parking debacle. We have never been to Mandarin in the evening and we also thought of going to Red Lobster 'cos I do love crab. However, we are going to RL for lunch with the bowling travel league on Thursday. Decisions, decisions.

Having eaten Dragon Broccoli at Red Lobster I have been looking into battered vegetables and found a couple. This one appealed to me, might try it for tomorrow. A lot simpler than some of the recipes I found. Although I did find a broccoli recipe which is stirred into Aunt Jemima Batter. Didn't sound bad.

Air-Fried Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

1 head (large) Cauliflower, Cut Into 1 1/2-inch Florets
8 Tbs Melted Butter
1/2 cup Cayenne Pepper Sauce (Like Frank's Wing Sauce), Plus More For Dipping
1-1/2 cup Almond Flour Or Bread Crumbs
2 tsp No-salt Seasoning (optional)
1 cup Ranch Dressing, Or As Needed, For Dipping

1. Turn oven to a “keep warm” setting or preheat it to the lowest temperature and then turn the oven off.

2. Put cauliflower florets in a large bowl.

3. Mix melted butter and cayenne pepper sauce in a small bowl and pour it over the cauliflower. Mix everything together well.

4. Combine almond flour or bread crumbs and seasoning (if using) in another large bowl or a large resealable plastic bag. Transfer cauliflower into the bowl (or bag) with the breading. Use tongs or a slotted spoon so you don’t end up pouring the remaining sauce from the bottom of the cauliflower bowl. Toss (or shake) the cauliflower to coat it in the breading.

5. Transfer half of the coated cauliflower to your air fryer, putting them both on the bottom and upper rack.

6. Set air fryer to 350ºF and cook for 12–15 minutes, until cauliflower has golden brown spots and is cooked through, but not mushy.

7. Put the cooked cauliflower in a warm oven to keep warm. Cook the rest of the prepped cauliflower the same way.

8. Make the buffalo ranch dipping sauce by adding a desired amount of wing sauce to the ranch dressing, to taste. Serve the buffalo cauliflower with the dipping sauce.

Servings: 5

Source: Pioneer Woman

Have a great day
 

14 comments:

  1. You know I have those same time problems. I keep telling myself to get focused, but I never do. I've said it for years.

    Sorry about the bowling scores, though honestly, your skills are still way better than anything I've ever bowled.

    The buffalo sounds good. Not sure about the cauliflower. I wonder what that would be like with chunks of zucchini?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing isn't it. Time just disappears.

      Well, Matt was happy, he beat me.

      I think the zucchini would be too wet.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the laptop issues.
    Some days, you just don't feel like dealing with anything. I certainly understand that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the sorting out of the laptop - always a bit of a nightmare. Glad Matt bowled his three turns ... must please you - as it gives him confidence ... and just enjoy whichever restaurant you go to - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need it Hilary. HP should be calling me this afternoon. Yes, it should encourage him. I will enjoy not cooking supper for a change.

      Delete
  4. Too bad you aren't closer - my husband is a computer wizard. Took him all of ten minutes to get everything installed on my new laptop last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knew I should come to NC for a vacation Diane. Haven't been there for a few years now unfortunately.

      Delete
  5. That's why I never like to get a new computer though it can be a necessarily evil. So much has to be done to carry over programs, etc. Happy early anniversary! An achievement indeed to make it to 47 years!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither Betty, it is a pain in the butt. I am not too happy with HP though, they have kind of left me in the lurch. No time to contact them again right now.

      Thanks. Considering previous marriages, it's better than I ever thought we would do.

      Delete
  6. Have an absolutely wonderful anniversary lunch today!!!

    Park easily, eat well and safe home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mork and it will be dinner. Then I don't have to cook. Still haven't made up my mind though.

      Like that last bit.

      Delete
  7. Computer issues are such a pain. I am taking an older one from work home once I delete work stuff. I am glad you are bowling no matter the scores

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You;re right Birgit, they are. We both enjoy bowling.

      Delete