Saturday, June 22, 2019

Instant Pot Mania, Alzheimer's Society,

How dumb can one get. I was cooking salmon in foil packets. I put it in the Instant Pot which worked very well. However, had I cooked it in the oven I wouldn't have had a pot to wash up. Duuh. It was fine, but really.

My two good friends, ladydog and Sue came today and we went to the Alzheimer Society to see what they had to say. Knew a lot of it, but not, by any means all. Have now to digest what was said.

I copied a recipe for Instant Pot Lamb Chops but after the above fiasco, I am wondering if I am stupid and should stick to broiling like I used to. Although the recipe I have sounds pretty good. I'm not sure how many this is for as I have no idea how many chops 2 lb comes to. Salt seems a tad heavy too.

IP Lamb Chop

2 Tbs olive oil, split
1 yellow onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
2 Tbs rosemary, fresh
2 lb Lamb Loin Chops
2 Tbs of jalapeno based hot sauce
¼ cup white wine
1 ¼ cup beef stock
1 Tbs cornstarch
¼ cup water
Salt and Pepper (I used about 3 tbs salt and 1 tbs pepper

1. Put Instant Pot onto Sauté, put in 1 ½ tbs olive oil, let it come to Hot, add in lamb that has been salted and peppered. Sear on one side for about 2 minutes, flip, saute for another 2 minute. Take out.

2. Add onions, saute for 1 minute, add garlic, saute for another minute. Take off of saute, deglaze with white wine.

3. Place the carrots, the rest of the olive oil, a pinch of salt, pepper, and rosemary, into foil and wrap securely.

4. Add stock, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in with the onions and give a good stir.

5. Place carrots on top of the onions, trivet on top of carrots, and meat on top of the trivet. Set on High Pressure for 5 minutes for medium or 8 minutes for well. Let natural release for 15 minutes.

6. Take meat out and let rest. Stir carrots in with the onions. Mix cornstarch in with water and place in with onion mixture. Put on saute for about 5 minutes or until thick.

7. Taste gravy and adjust seasoning.

Source: Mom Noms

Have a great day
 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jo - glad you met up with some friends and were able to visit the Alzheimer's Society to glean some information. It's good you keep trying new things - things and foods! ... I met a friend in Waitrose the other day who'd just bought an Instapot - recommended by her children ... I just said you had one and were happy! Have a quiet weekend ... with some sun I hope - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I have some paperwork to absorb Hilary. I'm not just happy with my Instant Pot, I am over the moon about it. Hope you get lots of sun too.

      Delete
  2. That's like cooking anything in an air fryer. It's great but a pain in the butt to clean afterwards compared to one pan in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like my air fryer though Diane. Especially for fries or sauté potatoes. Also, I have a chicken dish I do and that is always great, but not too difficult to clean the air fryer.

      Delete
  3. Dementia is hard to deal with. My mother had vascular dementia - different cause but similar effect - so I know what it's like. Very hard to live with for both the patient and the carer. I hope the information helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of vascular dementia Helen. But as you say, hard on both patient and carer. They actually figured I needed a bit of attention and Matt was being looked after reasonably well.

      Delete
  4. You have to take care of yourself too. I think the caregiver often wears out quicker than the one with dementia. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz. Actually you are right, the woman who spoke to us seemed more concerned about me than Matt. I basically need to find a way to get out a bit. Hugs back.

      Delete