Having missed the opening of the Kimbop company being started by the grandaughter-in-law of our friends, we have decided to have a luncheon, with the other friend who was coming with us and then couldn't, so I have now ordered several trays of kimbap to have for lunch on August 9th by which time I hope our home will be back to normal and we can relax and enjoy it. There are, apparently, several differences between kimbap and sushi. In case you wonder or are confused, I was, kimbap is what the food is called, Kimbop is the name of the new company started by Jinah Allen. I do hope she makes a success of it. I think it's such an excellent idea. Although you can buy sushi round here, there is no source (or wasn't) of kimbap which is why she decided to start making them.
You don't have to turn on your oven to make this decadent recipe.
No-Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake with Strawberries
In his version of no-bake cheesecake, baker and cookbook author Kamran Siddiqi beats melted white chocolate and citrus zest into the creamy filling for a deep, decadent flavor. Makes one 9 inch cake.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (7 ounces)
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
pinch of fine sea salt
7 oz white chocolate, finely chopped
1 lb cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp finely grated orange zest
1/4 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1 cup heavy cream
3 Tbs strawberry jam mixed with 1 teaspoon hot water
Quartered strawberries, for garnish
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. MAKE THE CRUST In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs with the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until evenly moistened. Press the crumbs over the bottom of a 9-inch round springform pan. Freeze until firm, about 20 minutes.
2. MEANWHILE, MAKE THE FILLING In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate on high power in 10-second intervals until just melted. Let cool slightly.
3. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the cream cheese with the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla bean paste and orange and lemon zests until smooth. Gradually beat in the white chocolate. Scrape the mixture into a large bowl.
4. Wipe out the bowl of the stand mixer and add the cream to it. Attach the whisk and beat the cream at high speed until firm peaks form. Stir one-third of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, then fold in the remaining whipped cream until no streaks remain. Spread the cheesecake filling over the chilled crust in an even layer. Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
5. Unmold the cheesecake. Top with the strawberry jam and garnish with quartered strawberries. Cut the cake into wedges and serve.
6. MAKE AHEAD
7. The cheesecake can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Top with the jam and strawberries before serving.
Source: Food & Wine
Have a great day