Photo by: Photo: Johnny Autry/Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr/Lindsey Lower
Pan-Seared Steak with Chive-Horseradish ButterTop tender filet mignon with a chive-horseradish butter for an indulgent, 4-ingredient recipe that comes in at only 220 calories per serving. Serve with roasted, thinly-sliced sweet potatoes and Broccolini.
Cooking Light JANUARY 2013
- Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 steak and about 1 tablespoon butter mixture)
- 5 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks1/4 teaspoon kosher salt1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
Preparation1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until firm.
2. Sprinkle steaks evenly with salt and pepper. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Divide butter mixture evenly among steaks.
Have a great weekend