I am thrilled to report that Canada has 7 medals in the Olympic Games three of which are gold, three silver and one bronze putting us at the top of the leader board. Not something that happens very often. Well done to our athletes. I hope they manage to hang on to their really good start. Obviously you can see the results for yourselves. I’ve been thinking I wished I knew someone who is there, I have always wanted one of those dolls. Matryoshka dolls. I’ve always wanted one, don’t know why.
Forgot to say, I had a good day bowling on Monday again. Not Matt again I am afraid.
Valentine’s is nearly here and this is a recipe from Campbell’s which would be a nice and easy dish to make for that special day. I confess I have never heard of the Campbell’s Cream stock.
Chocolate Ganache Tarts
¾ cup (185 mL) Campbell's® Stock First Cream Stock
6 oz (170 g) semisweet dark chocolate, chopped
3 tbsp (45 mL) hazelnut liqueur (option to replace the liqueur with an extract of your choice [1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the extract and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of water]
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
Coarse salt for garnish (optional)
Pinch of cinnamon for garnish (optional)
Directions1. Preheat oven to 375 ° F (190 °C).
2. Bake the tart shells according to the instructions on the package.
3. Place chopped chocolate in bowl.
4. In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the cream stock until simmering stirring frequently.
5. Pour hot Campbell's® Stock First Cream Stock over chocolate and whisk until smooth. Chocolate must melt completely.
6. Add liqueur and vanilla, stir and set aside.
7. When tart shells are done baking, remove from oven and spoon in warm chocolate mixture.
8. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.