Thursday, June 28, 2018

Electrical Gremlins Newegg, Lazy Day,

I think the electrical gremlins are out to get me. I put a piece of bread in my toaster oven and even on its longest time, I got a piece of dry white bread. I had been having difficulties with it such as baking potatoes just didn't seem to work, but that finally made me realise something was wrong. However, I am being sent a new one as it isn't very long since I bought this one.They identify the age with a number on the plug and often ask for one to cut off the plug and return it. However, the guy I was talking to, said you (Canadians) have to pay so much for postage, just send us a picture. I was pleased, because I defrost/toast a bun in it for lunch and although it doesn't work properly, it does do the job, kind of.

May not just be electrical gremlins, I ordered printer inks from Newegg ages ago, they haven't arrived and despite lots of contact I still haven't had a refund. They keep sending me a copy of an email to the supplier, established on Jupiter I assume, takes such a long time to get a response. I have to start chasing them again. Later - I phoned them again and I am promised a refund in about a week.

I had a thoroughly lazy day other than phoning people. Supposed to go to our coffee klatsche this morning but didn't get off  the phone soon enough. This afternoon was exercise class, didn't go to that either. Can't remember if I mentioned our league bowling was moved to Thursday.

This recipe is touted as being no cook - presumably because of the summer heat - not round here lately although I understand we are going up into the 30s at the weekend. I thought this looked pretty good. Matt not too crazy about avocados but maybe done this way....

Hasselback Tex-Mex Avocados 

Transform an avocado into a showstopping dish that tastes even better than it looks. Just cut slits in
an avocado half using the hasselback technique, then add tomato, cheese and a flavorful dressing for a healthy Mexican-inspired side.

2 firm ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
1 medium plum tomato, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
1 Tbs avocado oil or olive oil
1 Tbs lime juice
½ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground pepper
2 Tbs crumbled queso blanco
2 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro

1. Place avocado halves cut-side down on a cutting board. Make crosswise cuts every ¼ inch along each half, slicing almost to the bottom but not all the way through. Carefully transfer the avocados to a serving platter. Fill each cut with a slice of tomato, skin-side up.

2. Combine oil, lime juice, chili powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle over the avocados. Top with cheese and cilantro.

Servings: 4

Author: Carolyn Casner
Source: EatingWell

Have a great day
 

6 comments:

  1. That recipe sounds delicious. Pity I just used my only avocado for lunch. Actually they're relatively cheap here at the moment so I'll add some to this week's shopping list.

    I hope you get your electrical and other problems sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, will put it on my shopping list too Helen.

      So do I.

      Delete
  2. We just go to Staples for our ink.
    We also had a toaster oven once but never used it. Nice you only have to take a picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compared to the Newegg the Staples is a lot more expensive. Had ink from them before so don't know what happened this time. Guess I will have to go back to Staples Alex.

      I use my toaster oven at least once a day. It was nice.

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking recipe. I adore avocado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty fond of it myself Pinky. Ordered an avocado in my next week's shopping

      Delete