Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Emissions Test, Grocery Order, Mann's, Cannabis.

I finally got round to getting the emissions test done on the car. Have to buy a new license this year. They said it was just like a new car. So now I can send off for the license except I forgot to get the odometer reading so will do that tomorrow. Weight off my mind. Weight off my purse too. Turns out the government has authorised these tests should be free at least, that is, so long as nothing needs fixing and you have to have a second one, then you have  to pay. The government is giving us something for free. Making it up elsewhere I suppose.

Then off to the grocery store to collect my order. Bit of a problem today as because it was a holiday their delivery trucks hadn't come in and there were no bananas nor the particular packs of chicken breasts I had requested. In the end they gave me organic bananas for the same price as non organic. I did get my chicken breasts.

Finally I have been referred to a different source for my cannabis - I have registered and am hoping I will get some by the end of the week. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Having decided to do Kung Pao chicken for Tuesday night, I was prepping some snow peas and noticed a recipe on the back. I then went to the site for the snow peas, Mann's, and was able to copy the recipe there. Simple but tasty I think. I have also signed on for their newsletter.

Grilled Snow Peas and Mushrooms

½ cup mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbs green onions, sliced
1 Tbs dill, fresh
2 Tbs butter or margarine
1 (18"x 24") aluminum foil, heavy duty
salt and pepper to taste

1. Center Mann’s Snow Peas and mushrooms on sheet of aluminum foil. Sprinkle with onions, dill and add butter. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal making one large packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Preheat grill to medium-high.

2. GAS GRILL: Place foil packet over medium-high heat, cover grill and cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender.

3. CHARCOAL GRILL: Place foil packet over medium-high heat and cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until tender.

4. OVEN: Preheat oven to 450° F. Place foil packet on cookie sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes or until tender.

5. Open foil packet carefully to allow steam to escape. Add salt and pepper. Serve hot.

Serves 4
Source: Mann's

Have a great day
 

10 comments:

  1. Hope you can finally get your prescription.
    The test might be free up front, but yes, you are ultimately paying for it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed for today Alex.

      Apparently we are paying for it with a new gas tax according to the testing station. Didn't know there was one, just new gas was damned expensive. The theory is gas affects us all, emissions tests only get a few of us!!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure they'll make it up elsewhere. They'd almost have to.

    Curious what you think of the bananas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Ivy, and apparently they have?

      Matt doesn't like organic bananas, he says they taste different.

      Delete
  3. Thank goodness for your new cannabis order. I bet mine is waiting at home, well, at Shoppers Mail, when I return. I wonder if you notice any difference with the bananas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not ordered yet Birgit, seems to be taking a time to get my registration sorted!!! The bananas are skinnier, smaller and don't taste quite the same somehow.

      Delete
  4. Hi Jo - glad the car scenario went off happily and without extra cost. Hope that cannabis turns up ... glad they gave you some bananas and the chicken breasts came to light ... take care - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So was I Hilary. Cannabis seems to be taking it's time. See there are lots of fires in BC at the moment, hope nowhere near you.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad the car test worked out for you and that the marijuana is coming soon.
    That recipe sounds yummy - and I've whole pile of snow peas just about ready to pick. Perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, eventually for the cannabis. Lucky you to have your own snow peas. There are lots of advantages to growing your own veg aren't there?

      Delete