Saturday, July 22, 2017

Saturday Recipe

The object of this recipe is to avoid using a stove and heating up the kitchen and such. I must say it looks, and sounds, quite delightful.

Fig Caprese Salad

It's not about the number of steps or ingredients in a dish. If you shop smart, buying peak-season produce and quality protein, you don't have to do much at all (like with this easy salad recipe). Read
more about fruit caprese salad ideas here.

8 oz buffalo mozzarella or fresh mozzarella
8 oz ripe fresh figs, cut into quarters
Torn basil leaves (for serving)
Coarsely ground black pepper
Flaky sea salt
Olive oil (for drizzling)

1. Tear mozzarella into medium pieces and arrange on a platter. Tuck figs around cheese and scatter basil over top. Season with pepper and lots of salt. Drizzle generously with oil.

Servings: 4

Author: Adam Rapoport
Source: Bon Appétit

Have a great weekend
 

8 comments:

  1. I've never had, or even seen, raw figs except on an episode of Law & Order Criminal Intent called 'Fico de Capo'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they used to grow in NC JoJo, had a friend who had a bush/tree. Should be able to get them in a good grocery store I think. Best I ever ate were in the Mediterranean though. No I don't mean in the sea.

      Delete
  2. I just set up a Pinterest board with no-bake desserts. I think I will make another one this week. It is just too hot and humid here to cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Pavolva falls into this category Denise. I buy the shell and stuff it with whipped cream and fruit. Today it is raspberries. Delicious and easy. Have you checked your stores to see if you can get them? The Pavlova shells I mean. They are actually made in Scotland apparently.

      Delete
    2. I did not see them, but I did not ask either. I am thinking a smaller specialty store might have them. Or I could just make one .

      Delete
    3. You could of course Denise, but then that comes into the category of having to turn the oven on which is what we are trying to avoid. They are available in our main grocery but it is possible they may be made specially.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jo,

    This is the sort of recipe I need right about now. I dare not use my stove or even breathe in my apartment because I have a faulty fire alarm that was supposed to be fixed on Saturday. Guess what, it's still not fixed. I'm going out but thanks for the recipe.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that Gary, fire alarms are a bloody nuisance aren't they? One of ours goes off whenever there is a bit of smoke in the kitchen.

      Delete