Saturday, January 29, 2011

Movie, Unrest and the Superbowl.

Mr. DarcySadly, I have finished watching Pride and Prejudice, I am not sure if I saw this version before, think I might have done, I certainly enjoyed Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy and loved Jennifer Ehle as Miss Elizabeth Elizabeth BennettBennett. Alison Steadman was good as Mrs. Bennett, I wanted to throttle her several times. In fact I can’t remember thinking any of the cast as not portraying their characters very well. I did not want it to end, and am even more decided I shall purchase a DVD of this movie.

Egypt is up in flames at the moment. I normally think of them as a relatively passive country, but not right now. Not funny if you happen to be touring when things like this happen. Like Mexico and their drug wars, I wouldn’t go near the place although incredibly, lots of tourists are still pouring into the country. Do they think they are exempt from bullets, I wonder?

I see the Superbowl is scheduled for February 6. I watched one game once, we went to a friends’ house for a party and watched most of the game. The friend explained to me what was going on as I have no idea about football (American that is) and I actually quitCheese headse enjoyed the game. Those same friends are Green Bay Packer fans so will no doubt be glued to the TV this year. If you are a Packer fan, you wear a cheese hat as shown in the picture. The Packers are from Wisconsin which is the dairy state. I like this picture, she has a cheese bra on as well. Amazing what people will do for sports. Like those people who paint their bodies to match team colours and then attend the game on a cold day without a shirt on, brrrrr.

Sadly, by the way, Matt’s cortisone shot doesn’t seem to have worked.

I love soups, and this one is a recipe from the kitchens of Jenny Craig (the diet company) given to Good Morning America by their spokeswoman, Valerie Bertinelli. I looked into Jenny Craig, but it costs more per week than we spend for two of us. I found this on Good Morning America’s site.

Valerie Bertinelli's Tuscan Style Soup

The Actress Shares One of Her Favorite Low-Calorie Recipes

Servings: 4

Tuscan Style Soup satisfies with 63 calories, 2 grams of fat and 300 milligrams of sodium. The recipe is courtesy of Jenny Craig, of which Valerie Bertinelli is a spokeswoman. For more of her favorite dishes visit www.jennycraig.com.

IngredientsTuscan Style Soup

1 1/4 cup eggplant, peeled and cubed 1 cup water 1 can whole tomatoes, no salt added, undrained and chopped (14 1/2-ounce) 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (OR 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced) 1 clove garlic, minced 1 small summer (yellow) squash, coarsely chopped 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, dried 1/4 tsp salt 1/8 tsp pepper 12 oz can chicken broth, reduced sodium 8 tbsp Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated

Directions

Combine the first 10 ingredients in a large saucepan, stirring well.

Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls; sprinkle 2 tbsp of Pecorino Romano cheese.

Have a great weekend

Jo

2 comments:

  1. I loved Colin Firth as Mr.Darcy. The soup sounds nice, yes.And I takemy hate off to the Egyptians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egypt sounds like its in a right mess at the moment, I do hope they sort it out before the dissension spreads.

    ReplyDelete