Thursday, August 16, 2018

Cannabis Again,

I took my first dosage again at 8 a.m. as I have been doing all week. At lunchtime we went to the bowling alley and much to my surprise I managed to walk about a bit and to get my own lunch from where it was setup. Then there was the prize giving, my team actually ended up in 2nd place, I jokingly said where was our 2nd place reward, the owners clapped!!!! I did actually win $10. Anyway, after all this, we started to bowl and after a very short time my legs were killing me again. This was around 1-2 - not quite sure. We came home after only one game, it was too painful. I thought about this and phoned my supplier and queried it. The upshot is, if I want, I can take my early dose and then another about midday or so. This should cover me for bowling days. She said I could actually make it an extra dose but I don't think I will unless something is happening where I need it. I don't have trouble sleeping so seems a bit of a waste. The stuff is not cheap after all. Crossing my fingers our insurance will chip in once the medical version has a Drug Identification Number.

Not a lot of people stayed to bowl this afternoon for one reason or another. Two of our team didn't for a start.

Thursday morning Matt has an appointment with the dermatologist to check on a couple of places the Plastic Surgeon didn't think she needed to treat. Hopefully that will be it for a while. The dermatologist's office is over the top of the Scottish Bakery where I buy Cornish Pasties so guess what? Might even have lunch there, they have a small cafe area.

We don't have a barbecue of course, but this looked like a pretty simple and tasty shrimp recipe which I am sure I could cook on the broiler.

Maui Wowie Shrimp

Easy recipe to put together for that laid-back 'Maui Wowie' person. Great for the beach or backyard
BBQ. You will be surprised by the onolicious flavor. This dish always gets the Shaka sign!

2 lbs uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 lemon, cut into

1. Preheat outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.

2. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Season both sides of shrimp with garlic salt and black pepper; if using cayenne, see Cook's Note.

3. Generously coat both sides of shrimp with mayonnaise.

4. Cook shrimp on heated grill until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and opaque on the inside, and the mayonnaise turns golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes on each side. Serve with lemon wedges.

Author: ROXIEMAUI

Author Notes
Cayenne pepper can be added with the garlic salt and black pepper, or mix 1/4 teaspoon into mayonnaise before coating shrimp, for a spicier flavor

Have a great day
 

10 comments:

  1. Try the double dose once and see what it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo - well it's changing things for you ... good luck with your choices. Love the shrimp dish ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Hilary and thanks. Just wish I had a barbecue.

      Delete
  3. I take a dose of the CBD 3 times per day. I know the cost which sucks but give it a try so that it will prevent that much pain. You want to enjoy bowling after all:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I was wrong, it isn't doing much for me yet. How long did it take for you to really feel the benefits Birgit?

      Delete
  4. Congrats on 2nd place! I'm sure the CBC has to build up in your system for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, CBC is a bank here. Thanks for the congrats. Yes, I guess it does, I am just so anxious to be out of severe pain.

      Delete
  5. Jo, best wishes to you. Been so many years since I used it. Glad to hear cannibus is working legally now for lots of medical and mental issues long overdue.

    ReplyDelete