Thursday, July 19, 2018

Useful Tip

I came across this the other day. When cooking ground meat, i.e. beef or chicken, the instruction is usually to make sure the meat is cooked through and broken up. Always something of a pain. The tip is to use your potato masher whilst frying the meat in order to help break it up.

Unfortunately the last 24 hours haven't been good for me. Didn't sleep well because of nausea then when I got up spent most of the morning asleep. I didn't realise before that it is possible to suffer after effects from a Colonoscopy. My stomach area, particularly at the top, feels as though someone has been beating me. Inside of course. We didn't go bowling, I just wasn't up to it. Will try again tomorrow perhaps. Must admit I have been asleep most of the day. I called the office of the gastroenterologist and never got a reply!!! I have never heard anyone complain of after effects before but did some googling and it is not unknown.

This is the dish I hope to prepare on Friday, I have all the ingredients. I thought I had posted this before, but seems I was wrong.

Thai Pineapple Shrimp Curry

Green curry paste is the base of the flavorful sauce—look for it in the Asian foods aisle of your
supermarket.

3 Tbs canola oil, divided
2 Tbs green curry paste
1 13.5 oz can light coconut milk, well shaken
2 Tbs granulated sugar
2 Tbs fresh lime juice
1 Tbs lower-sodium soy sauce
1 1/4 lbs peeled and deveined tail-on raw medium shrimp
1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
1 1/4 cups chopped red bell pepper
2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
3 Tbs thinly sliced scallions
3 Tbs chopped unsalted roasted peanuts

1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high. Add curry paste; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add coconut milk and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice and soy sauce.

2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high. Add shrimp; cook until opaque, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove to a plate. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring often, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add curry mixture, shrimp, pineapple, and 1/4 cup cilantro; cook until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute.

3. Divide shrimp mixture evenly among 4 bowls. Top with scallions, peanuts, and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.

Servings: 4

Source: Cooking Light

Have a great day

6 comments:

  1. Oh Jo, do ring the gastroenterologist again if the discomfort persists. I've had multiple colonoscopies and endoscopies and never had anything like you've described happen. Much better to be sure than to just put up with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all better now Helen, thank. Hope it doesn't happen again. Apparently it does happen with a small percentage of people.

      Delete
  2. Looks a delicious recipe ... and I guess if someone messes around with your insides, always with good intentions, it'll take a while to let it settle down ... take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does doen't it?

      Yes, so it would seem Hilary although it is apparently somewhat rare.

      Delete
  3. I usually chop up the meat in the pan with the edge of a metal spatula. Seems to work pretty well. I'm sorry you are still having gastro issues! I hope the docs can provide you with relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this would be even better. I see to be better now thanks JoJo.

      Delete