I've been working out what I have to do for privacy once the construction people get round to our balcony. They now have one of their platforms right up to the 9th floor. I watched them clambering about between the platform and the balcony. It's difficult to see in this blog pic but on the left is the position of the platform on the ninth floor. On the right you can just about see a man standing on a plank of wood between the balcony and the platform. I know they have harnesses on, but I wouldn't want to do it. I also discovered that the platforms beep as they are lowered. I thought it was the crane backing up, but it wasn't just that.
I just cooked my rhubarb - after Wed. supper - but haven't eaten any. This time I remembered to add ginger.
I love risotto and as you may have guessed, I love asparagus. What more could I want.
4 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
2 tsp olive oil
1/3 cup shallots, chopped
1 cup arborio rice
2 oz dry white wine
3/4 lb thin asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed, cut 2-inches long
1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1 tsp grated lemon zest for garnish
1. In a large saucepan, heat broth over medium-high heat. When it boils, reduce heat to a simmer and maintain over low heat, taste for salt and adjust as needed.
2. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil and add the shallots; sauté 3-4 minute.
3. Add the rice; mix well so the rice is coated throughout and saute until the rice is slightly translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the wine and stir until it is absorbed.
5. Add a ladleful of the simmering stock; stir and wait until it is absorbed before adding another ladleful stirring gently and almost constantly.
6. Continue this process until the rice is creamy, tender to the bite, but slightly firm in the center. Add the asparagus along with the last ladle of broth and continue cooking 5 minutes, total time should be about 25-30 minutes from the time you started. When all the liquid is absorbed, remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice, parsley and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
7. Serve immediately and top with fresh cracked pepper, lemon zest, and extra grated cheese if desired.
Have a great day