Wednesday, December 2, 2015

New Book

Oops, I forgot. How could I do that you ask, weeeeel...

I had a request yesterday from Christine at Newshelves asking me if I would read and review a new book by one of their authors. He is a newcomer to the fiction world. I said yes and was offered a physical copy. However, I requested an ecopy for now and said I wouldn't be able to get to it for a day or two. The book duly arrived, it is called Ghosts of Forgotten Empires by Michael J. Foy. I saved it and carried on reading my Aeronaut's Windlass. I finished that and thought I would just take a look at Ghosts. Mistake, I had trouble putting it down. What an exciting book. This is the synopsis I was given.

Author:  Michael Foy
Publisher:  Telemachus Press
Pages:  250

Synopsis:  Ancient artifacts like nothing ever discovered before are uncovered in Egypt. They are manufactured by a technique unknown to man and defy all attempts at analysis. Two top intelligence operatives from Russia and the United States acquire these artifacts and are instantly endowed with god-like abilities. But as everyone knows absolute power corrupts absolutely and even with strong national loyalties how will these men react? Thus a new cold war is born with men and weapons that make a nuclear deterrent look quaint. The one thing that gives American intelligence freelancer, Cord Devlin an edge is also the thing that makes him immature in Paul’s eyes. Cord’s deep and abiding love of all things Star Trek and the lessons it inspired will also help him deal with an otherworldly threat whose sole purpose is to indefinitely continue the conflict.

So that is my excuse, reason for not posting my blog. Sorry.

Obviously, with the Christmas season coming up, this recipe would be useful. They look pretty tasty to me.

Savory Mini Cheese Balls 

Kraft Kitchens
  • 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary

Make It


  • Cut cream cheese into 6 pieces; roll each into a ball.
  • Combine sesame seed, poppy seed and half the garlic in small bowl. 
  • Mix herbs and remaining garlic in separate small bowl. 
  • Combine cranberries and nuts in third bowl.
  • Roll 2 cheese balls in sesame seed mixture, 2 cheese balls in herb mixture and remaining cheese balls in nut mixture.

Have a great day
 

14 comments:

  1. Yum on the cheese balls! Definitely going to make that. Does sound like a good book; always good to get one that one can't put down; I've been known to sneak a page or two in of a good book even when working :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good looking for entertaining Betty. It does seem like a very good book. Of course I haven't read a lot yet, but it is fast paced and entertaining.

      Delete
  2. It's December. Bring out the cheese! I think I got that same message, Jo. I'd better respond to them today. Glad you enjoyed it, and I know you have great taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Sir David. Cheese is always delicious. If you did get that message David, do respond. It seems they are a small publisher and trying to do their best for their client. I am loving the book so far.

      Delete
  3. Oh those cheese balls look amazing!!!!!!! YUM!!!!!! I haven't had one of those in years. The process server at my old office in WA used to bring by a salmon cheese ball every holiday season but since i don't like salmon, I didn't touch it. Sadly, he was killed by a psychotic neighbour a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I would love the ones with salmon JoJo. How nice to have a psychotic neighbour!!!!!! You just don't know who lives next door do you?

      Delete
  4. LOL! I love it when a book is so engrossing you can't put it down. My poor husband has lost me more times...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby doesn't read much so he doesn't really understand it Crystal. I used to get so absorbed I didn't hear anyone or anything. Not so much these days.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the introduction of the new author.
    Thanks for the cheese ball recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Munir. This young man is a good author.

      Delete
  6. The book does sound interesting. The cheese balls sound very yummy and great for a party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting, I'm enjoying it Birgit. They would be great for a party.

      Delete
  7. I like the red and green on the balls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, very appropriate for this time of year Ivy.

      Delete