We did not watch THE debate the other night, but I understand HE sniffed all the way through it again. If for no other reason I wouldn't vote because of that. I cannot stand people sniffing. Drives me totally gaga. Has he got a cold or is it a bad habit? Aren't you allowed to blow your nose during a debate? I hear this has been lampooned already.
A friend at the bowling alley asked me if I liked parsley. I said yes and she said she would bring me a bunch next week. However, I remember the bunch she brought last time and it is a lot of parsley so I wondered about parsley soup. There are lots which describe themselves as parsley soup but contain every vegetable under the sun. A lot have potato, but this one from an English blog called The Garden of Eaden, sounded about right. Although this is a gardening blog, I think I will keep an eye on it for more recipes.For those of you interested, it is a British gardening blog.
25 g (1 oz) unsalted butter
1 clove of garlic - not absolutely necessary but it does make a difference, plus it’s good for the heart!
3 celery sticks
150 g (6 oz) fresh parsley (don't be fooled by the weight - this is a lot of parsley)
4 tsp plain flour (for thickening)
900 ml (1 1/2 pints) vegetable or chicken stock
Salt and pepper
A heaped tablespoon of double cream
1. Finely chop the onion and garlic and then slice the celery. Chop the parsley roughly, discarding any long or thick stalks.
2. Gently melt the butter in a large saucepan and as soon as it starts to simmer add the onion, garlic, celery and parsley. Cook until the ingredients have softened, then stir in the flour.
3. Cook for a further minute or two - stirring the mix at all times - before adding the stock.
4. Simmer for 25 minutes, then allow to cool slightly before you purée the mixture with a blender.
5. Reheat, add salt and pepper as required, then add the cream before serving in a heated bowl with a sprig of parsley.
6. Taste test first, then decide whether you should tell anyone else you made it. I hope that you enjoy this recipe for Parsley soup as much as I do.
Servings: 6 or Just Me
Source: The Garden of Eaden
Have a great day