I have been having trouble with my laptop and just got it back. It has been suggested I might want to upgrade because it has become very slow. I didn’t know a hard drive and memory could be changed in a laptop. Duuh. I kinda thought what you had was what you got. Anyway, I am using it right now, so it doesn’t seem too bad if not as fast as it should be. Talking of computers, a friend sent me a video of a German concept laptop. What a great idea. I want one. Absolutely fabulous. Do watch the video. That is the laptop hanging from his shoulder.
Bowling today, wish us luck.
I love rice noodles so this recipe is right up my street.
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp with Rice Noodles
|Photo: Francesco Tonelli; Styling: Philippa Brathwaite|
Cooking Light AUGUST 2012
- Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 4 ounces uncooked flat rice noodles (pad thai noodles)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 green Thai chile, halved
- 12 sweet mini peppers, halved
- 3/4 cup matchstick-cut carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 3/4 cup fresh bean sprouts
Preparation1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add shrimp to vinegar mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
3. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add cashews, garlic, ginger, and chile to pan; stir-fry 1 minute or until garlic begins to brown. Remove cashew mixture from pan with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
4. Increase heat to high. Add sweet peppers, carrot, and salt to pan; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add shrimp mixture (do not drain); stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in noodles and peas; cook 1 minute, tossing to coat. Return cashew mixture to pan. Add bean sprouts; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, tossing frequently.
Have a great day