Saturday, June 24, 2017

Saturday Recipe

I am not a big fan of peanut butter, but I thought this pie sounded easy and good.

No-Cook Peanut Butter Pie

1 1/2 cups (375 ml) creamy peanut butter
1 cup (250 ml) sugar
1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream
1/4 cup (60 ml) butter at room temperature
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
1 prepared 9-inch (23 cm) chocolate cookie pie crust

Combine the peanut butter, sugar, cream, butter, and vanilla in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into the pie shell and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.

Serve chilled. Makes one pie to serve 6 to 8.


Have a great weekend
 

10 comments:

  1. That looks incredible! I love PB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and as I said, I am not a big fan JoJo. Matt would like it too, he is a fan of PB.

      Delete
  2. I really need to buy an electric mixer if only to be able to make this delicious looking thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo,

    I love peanut butter and that's the sort of recipe I would love having the dog make for me.

    Thanks and have a nice Sunday.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gary, I didn't know Penny could cook as well. She really is a talented hound. I will be having my drop of fizz tomorrow morning. How's things in Blighty? Especially with the elbow?

      Delete
  4. You know, this looks pretty good. I think I'll share this with Mary and see what she thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just emailed that recipe to myself - will be entertaining friends next week on Fuerteventura and they all love their desserts. As a non-sweet-tooth person I usually struggle to get enthusiastic but this looks easy and tasty. Will let you know what they think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly easy enough Sue. Can you get the chocolate cookie pie crust on Fuerte?

      Delete