The Rosetta Mission involving landing a spacecraft on a comet has turned out successfully.
I was impressed that Google got this doodle up so fast to celebrate this landing. We heard about the actual landing of the Philae Lander at 11:03 Wednesday morning and it didn’t take Google long to have this doodle up at all. This was achieved by the European Space Agency. There is a video on the page as well as an interesting article about the whole mission.
We used to make appetizers like this all the time, haven’t done so in years though. This one came from Food.com
Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Even though this is a very old recipe, I thought it might be something new to the "young whipper-snappers" who are unfamiliar with this recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- Marinate the water chestnuts in soy sauce for 1 hour.
- Roll each chestnut in the brown sugar.
- Wrap each chestnut with a piece of bacon.5
- Secure with a toothpick.6
- Arrange on a cake rack in a shallow baking pan.7
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.8
- Drain on paper towels.9
- NOTE: This can be prepared ahead of time and stored in refrigerator until ready to bake.