Saturday, November 8, 2014

Saturday Recipe

I am not an advocate of Pumpkin Pie although I devour Pumpkin Soup. However, for all my friends who are fanatic about pumpkin anything here’s a cheesecake recipe from McCormick. Although they would like you to, you obviously don't have to stick to McCormick products especially if they are not readily available in your area. I would never make this myself, but I just might try a slice if it was offered.

Pumpkin Pie Layered Cheesecake Recipe

image
 
 
A layer of pumpkin pie filling is sandwiched between layers of vanilla cheesecake for the ultimate holiday dessert.
 

Ingredients

Serves: 12

Graham Cracker Crust:

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
Cheesecake Filling:
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 325°F. For the Crust, mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Press evenly onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch springform pan.
  2. For the Filling, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Remove 1 cup batter to medium bowl; beat in pumpkin, flour and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Stir vanilla into remaining plain batter. Pour 1/2 of the vanilla batter into crust. Gently pour pumpkin batter over top. Top with remaining vanilla batter.
  3. Bake 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Turn off oven; let cheesecake stand in oven 2 hours or until cooled. Remove from oven.
  4. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Run small knife around sides of pan to loosen crust; remove sides of pan. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Have a great weekend
Jo





16 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin cake rolls filled with cream cheese and pecans. Still no success (yet) with the rolling of the thin layer of cake. There must be a trick I'm missing.

    This recipe does sound good. Thank you, Jo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum, those sound good. I think I would enjoy those too. Can't help, I've never done it either.

      Should be.

      Delete
  2. I am not a fan of the squash soup....it's a little too sweet and spicy for me, but I love pumpkin in breads and pies!!!! I bet that cheesecake is to die for. I've never made a cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pumpkin soup is not sweet and the only thing added is cloves. The original recipe does call for sugar but I don't add it, unnecessary. To me pumpkin is a vegetable which is why I don't enjoy it in a pie. Now that is too sweet.

      I've tried cheesecake without much success I'm afraid. They are not easy to make. In my opinion anyway.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jo - I'm not keen on sweet pumpkin ... and I agree with your thoughts above ... I love cheesecakes and used to make them quite often ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor am I really. . I'm impressed that you can make cheesecakes.

      Delete
  4. Pumpkin is such a Canadian thing. We had Canadian friends when we were kids who made us one. I like the idea of a cheesecake one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much Canadian Pinky as North American. Although the first time I ever had Pumpkin soup was in Malta, island in the Mediterranean where my parents lived for a while.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this. I love all things pumpkin. Cheesecake is my favorite and I picked up a sweet potato cheesecake yesterday at a new bakery in town. I was planning on a cheesecake for my Christmas dinner and this might be good to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have lots of friends who love all things pumpkin. I do hope you enjoy this recipe for your Christmas dinner. We, being Brits, will be having plum pudding of course.

      Delete
  6. I have pumpkins on the porch that will be broken down soon into different food fun things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky if they haven't rotted out.

      Delete
    2. One year we had one that lasted past Easter before the spring ants started at it. Love that.

      Delete
  7. That cheesecake looks good! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete