Thursday, March 29, 2018

Red Lobster, Our Wednesday, Bowling,


I kind of went on strike Wednesday night and we went to the Red Lobster for supper. We started with seafood stuffed mushrooms which we split between us. Of course we had eaten a couple of their biscuits by then too. I wish they didn't serve those, I can't resist them. We then both chose a new dish, Yucatan Tilapia with Shrimp. It was delicious. Their description is as follows. Fresh wood-grilled
tilapia and tender jumbo shrimp are roasted with chili-lime butter and caramelized pineapple and then topped with fresh jalapeƱos. Served over rice. 
Absolutely delicious, rather a lot of rice though and I ate more than I wanted because the sauce was so delicious on the rice. I have to see if I can find a copycat recipe for the sauce if nothing else. Boy was it good. Matt ate every grain of his rice. Dunno where he puts it all. Lots of mention of the dish we ate, but no copycat yet.

This morning we got up and got moving quickly because our cleaner was arriving at 8:30. That has now been changed, the other customer (an exercise friend) has agreed for her to start at 8:30 and then she will come to us for 9:30. Phew. Then the people finally came to pick up all Matt's medical equipment which we have had since last December. I then went to class at 1 and thanked my friend profusely for agreeing to the time change. I kind of expected the carpet person to call whilst I was downstairs but he didn't. Matt and I went bowling and when we came back he had been. He has certainly made the kitchen threshold safe, but what a mess, and he has left a very unsightly area where there is rough flooring and a hole in the corner. He left a mess anyway that we had to clear up. I wasn't terribly happy.

Bowling, by the way, Matt won one game, I the other. Considering how well I bowled on Monday you wouldn't have believed I had bowled before in my first game today. The second one was more like it. Funnily enough the three of us who are kind of competing for high ladies average all bowled well on Monday so all our averages went up 1 point. Oh well, guess I should be happy I lasted in first place so long.

Having got up so early, I can barely keep my eyes open so I am off to bed soon. This is not the same recipe, but it sounds pretty good to me.


Doc Ford’s Yucatan Shrimp Recipe

Ingredients:

4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 large clove garlic, minced
Juice of two large limes
1 tablespoon Indonesian sambal (sambal oelek)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 pound large, fresh, shell-on shrimp
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro

Preparation:

In a small saucepan set over low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter to saucepan. When it melts, stir in the lime juice, chili sauce, salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and allow the sauce to rest. Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or until they are just firm and pink. Do not overcook. Drain into a colander and shake over the sink to remove excess moisture. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp and chili sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro and toss again.

Source: Cannons Marina

Have a great day

12 comments:

  1. Those biscuits are addictive.
    You lead a very busy life! I think someone visits our house once a month. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Alex, they are. My scales told me off this morning.

      Normally we don't have so much going on, but yesterday just happened all at once.

      Delete
  2. I haven't eaten at Red Lobster in more than 30 years, but their creations always sound good. One day I just may stop in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Red Lobster came to Cambridge where we lived at the time Denise, I tried it once and didn't think much of it at all. That was maybe 40 years ago. Then with the bowling league I started going to the occasional lunch and enjoyed it and now it's one of my favourites.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jo - well your meal sounds delicious ... even at breakfast time! Hope all continues well ... take care - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with fish at breakfast Hilary. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. So happy to hear that your friend changed with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know where Scotto puts everything he eats either. It's not fair. I only have to look at food and I gain weight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you guys had a great meal out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoJo, that's certainly what it was.

      Delete