Friday, March 30, 2018

Easter. Cramp, Bowling,




I do hope you have a Happy Easter. Most will eat ham in North America but for us, and many  others from different parts of the world, it will be roast lamb, although I am given to understand it is very expensive in England these days. Not that I can afford to eat locally grown lamb, that does get very pricey. Even Mandarin is doing roast lamb during the holiday. Of course we will be including Lindt gold chocolate bunnies during the weekend as well. We have Hot Cross Buns as well, mind you.

Although I am prone to cramp, it is generally under control. Not Wednesday night. I had a lousy time of it. I drink tonic water when I have cramps in my legs. Or anywhere else for that matter. Last night it was my inner thigh muscles and I was in agony and having trouble walking to the fridge to get the tonic. I ended up sleeping in the living room so I wouldn't have to go so far. I take all kinds of cramp medicines too. Whilst I was up, I Googled cramp to see what else I could do. I discovered a blood pressure pill I am taking is likely to cause cramp. I can't take statins for the same reason so I think I will be leaving this one out until I can get to the doctor after the holiday. Wednesday I did go to exercise class and then bowling, whether that was the problem I don't know. Done it before though, several times.

Went bowling again today - not sure if I was taking a risk, I hope not - and had to fair games, but not brilliant by any means. We are bowling on Monday as it is no longer a statutory holiday here. Not sure but I think they gave us Family Day in February and took away Easter Monday.

On the assumption that most people will have settled on an Easter menu by now I am not going to include a recipe today. I don't know, but I probably won't post another blog til Monday anyway. So, once again, a very Happy Easter to you all.

Have a great holiday weekend.
 

10 comments:

  1. Have a Happy Easter. I have to cook my lamb indoors as our weather here sucks. Cold and rainy. Frost this morning. I bought Lindt bunnies for the table. Bought milk chocolate which I do not care for so I would not be tempted to eat them, lol.
    I had to switch statins cause I had the same cramping issue. This one does not seem to be an issue - omeprazole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's about what the weather is like here Denise. There was some mention of snow. I buy one milk and one plain as Matt prefers plain choc. Not heard of that pill, I will make a note of it, however I am on one which seems not to be a problem, ezetimibe.The pill I found out was a cramper was for blood pressure. I didn't take it last night but will again tonight.

      Delete
  2. We'll be having salmon. Not a fan of ham.
    Try eating a teaspoon of mustard next time for your leg cramps. Works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have salmon tonight Alex, lamb tomorrow.

      Never heard of that before. What kind of mustard? I have French and dry mustard.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jo - we'll be having turkey ... as there's rather a lot of us - but it'll be fun to be with the family ... take care and all the best with those cramps - just horrid - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turkey's good. Haven't had any in a long while as we missed out at Christmas 'cos of Matt's ankle. Didn't have any last night thank goodness.

      Delete
  4. Poor you, I hate getting night cramps. I usually rely on tonic water to help. I hadn't heard of mustard either but just Googled it .. seems the jury is out but it works for many people so worth a try definitely.

    I've prepared a moussaka for tonight (made with pork mince rather than expensive lamb - by adding lots of cinammon it works just as well. This was a special request from hubby so his Easter Treat as we're off chocolate/sweets for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately Sue, night time is not my only time to get cramps although it is the main time. Will check in to mustard.

    Haven't had moussaka in years, Matt used to make it, I never have. Should do so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't observe Easter so no special holiday meats. Unless Russell gets himself a steak or something. I hope you have a nice one and enjoy your meal!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to have lamb for Easter JoJo. Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete