Wednesday, September 25, 2019

47 years, Dinner, ALZ course,

Funny actually, we were nearly divorced the day we got married. We had one heck of a quarrel at the end of the day. However, we resolved it. I can't believe we lasted 47 years. Mind you, I threatened to divorce Matt once I realised he never gained weight no matter what he ate. He is still the same, appetite like a horse and can stuff himself on anything, sweet, carbs, you name it, and it doesn't make any difference. I figured that was cruelty. I had been married to my first husband for 10 years and used to joke that I changed husbands every 10 years then said I had decided to keep Matt another 10 years and so on.

I still have not made up my mind about where to have dinner. Another thing against the Charcoal, we feel we have to dress up a bit to go there whereas both the Mandarin and Red Lobster we can be more casual. Decisions, decisions.

I have my second session at the ALZ Society today and we will be discussing resources. That is certainly a subject which interests me. My cleaner will be here all morning til about 11 and ladydog is bringing Subway lunch for us. I have some fizz in the fridge, maybe we will have a sub sandwich and a drink. Not Matt, he doesn't like fizz.

I love shrimp and I enjoy leeks, but have never tried the two together. Looks good doesn't it?

Shrimp and Leek Spaghetti

This Quick Shrimp and Leek Spaghetti Has 1/3 of Your Daily Fiber

8 oz uncooked whole-grain spaghetti
1 lb peeled, deveined raw medium shrimp
1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
1 1/2 Tbs olive oil, divided
2 cups chopped leek (from 1 large leek)
1 Tbs chopped garlic (from 3 garlic cloves)
2 cups frozen baby sweet peas (about 9 oz.), thawed
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tsp lemon zest
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
2 Tbs chopped fresh dill

1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Cover pasta to keep warm.

2. While pasta cooks, pat shrimp dry with paper towels; season with pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat half of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over high. Add shrimp; cook, stirring often, until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm. (Do not wipe skillet clean.)

3. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add leek, garlic, remaining oil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring often, until leek is slightly tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add peas, cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, and reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until sauce thickens slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Add shrimp to skillet; toss to coat.

4. Divide pasta among 4 bowls; top evenly with shrimp and sauce. Sprinkle with dill, and serve immediately.

Servings: 4

Source: Cooking Light

Have a great day
 

14 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! Wish I was one of those people who could eat anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recipe looks good. I would leave out the peas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jo, and Matt!!! We love you guys!!! Bon appetit wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! My dad always lamented that a marriage license was the only one that didn't need to be renewed.

    I like to be casual. And I like what I like. I'd probably celebrate in my favorite place too, rather than trying something new. Maybe that's the key to the long marriages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz. Funny that, never thought of it.

      We went to a restaurant we had been to before. Liked it before too.

      Delete
  5. Happy anniversary to you both and wishing you two the very best. Hope you enjoy your anniversary dinner wherever you go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mork, I did although not too sure about himself.

      Delete
  6. I hope it was a lovely day even though the restaurant was not up to snuff. I am glad you are enjoying the Alzheimer's Society

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgit. This series of meetings especially for caregivers is extremely helpful in many ways.

      Delete