Thursday, July 4, 2019

Silver Healing, Plate Warmer, Laundry Card, Bowling,

As I told you yesterday, my new cane "bit" me and made me bleed. It was hurting so much when I went to bed I decided to cut a silver healing band aid in half and use it. This morning it was virtually totally healed and I couldn't even see where the skin had been torn. Wonderful stuff. It's made by Elastoplast and I discovered Amazon have it so I bought some as I am nearly out. Appears they only make it in the large size though.

A friend gave me a plate warmer - it is folded cloth with heating units inside and we use it every day. I find it absolutely wonderful. I have been hunting for a similar one and I finally found that they were originally made/sold by Royal Doulton. Eventually I found a source and was shocked to discover that even the smallest, which would warm 6 plates, was about $40. I will not be purchasing another one.

Our cleaner came in today, she puts our sheets through the laundry machines and makes the beds again. They went through the washer fine, but when she tried to put them in the dryer she was getting an error message. Finally I had to purchase another card from the Superintendent and load it with money to use in the machines. The owner of the machines is sending me yet another card and I have to return the original so that they can figure out how much money is still on the card. I will therefore end up with two cards which seems a bit cockeyed to me.

After lunch we finally decided to go bowling. Got there and I went to talk to the woman who was the only person from the team where our friend had passed away. As she was on her own I offered to bowl with her and she suggested that we should continue with that team til the end of the season. OK by me. We played three games after which Matt told me he would not be bowling ever again. I guess his inflamed thigh was hurting a lot. We will see what happens.

They always do a 50/50 draw and much to my amazement, I won. $18.50. Paid for our bowling today. I think I have only ever won once before and that was years ago. The sum gets divided and part of it is paid to whoever gets a strike (all the pins down with one ball). If nobody wins, the money gets added to the previous week's money and eventually can amount to quite a sum.

I still have email problems and just haven't had time to get back on to my Provider to get it sorted out. I can receive my emails on their website which is what I am currently doing.

This recipe rather appealed to me. I love scallops anyway.

Sea Scallop Lollipops

Sweet and meaty sea scallops make the perfect party skewer, great for dipping into this sweet-spicy
sauce from Boston chef Matt Jennings.

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbs gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
2 Tbs minced dill pickle
Kosher salt Pepper
2 Tbs canola oil
12 large sea scallops (1 pound)
Lollipop sticks or small skewers, for serving

1. In a small bowl, stir the mayo with the gochujang and pickle; season with salt.

2. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden and just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Skewer the scallops on lollipop sticks and arrange on a platter. Serve with the gochujang mayo.

Servings: 12

Source: Food and Wine

Author Notes
The gochujang mayo can be refrigerated for 1 week.

Have a great day
 

6 comments:

  1. Never heard of silver healing bands. I'll have to Google them. Stared at the picture of the shrimp trying to figure out where the scallops were, LOL. What's the green stuff next to the shrimp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same thing when I first saw the picture. As for the green stuff, I assume its the gochujang mayo Denise.

      Delete
    2. I got the mayo, are those artichokes next to it?

      Delete
    3. No Denise, Baby Bok Choy which I love and Matt hates, sigh.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea, the plate warmer. Glad you got to bowl, and sorry Matt's leg was hurting him. Hope it isn't permanent. I've never heard of the silver band aids. I'll have to look that up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great idea Lisa. But they are very expensive I have discovered. I enjoyed bowling, I think Matt did too. His leg is a permanent pain I think. It's inflammation and he won't exercise as he is told to do. The silver healing is made by Elastoplast. My pharmacy doesn't have them any more sadly. Amazon do though.

      Delete