Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Cannabis, Weather, Shopping.

Today I had to go to talk to the doctor on line once again in order to renew my prescription for cannabis. He suggested I should take cannabis when I got to bed. He said I might feel better when I got up in the morning. Maybe, but my pocket wouldn't. He appreciated that finances were a problem, the stuff is damned expensive. He told me the company from whom I have been buying my cannabis has gone out of business. Apparently they were growing twice as much as they should, some of it in secret, and the doctor said he was not sure what was happening. Funny, they seemed OK when I phoned an order in last time. However, I am being referred to a different company.

It has been gorgeous weather today, the heat wave and high humidity we have been suffering from has finally broken and everyone was really enjoying it. In the afternoon I took the car to be washed, it was filthy from being in the garage whilst they were cleaning it. Didn't wee the notices as we didn't leave the apartment. Then it rained a little bit when we were out which made it even worse, could hardly see out of the rear windshield. Now the car is all clean and shiny.

Later in the afternoon picked up my groceries. When we got back to the apartment building, backed up to the back door and someone came out with the shopping cart, I thought they were bringing it to me, idiot, they were taking it for their own shopping. We had to wait. I was being driven by a Community Support driver. Turns out these carts do belong to a local store and they took one back again but appear to have left us with one. Hope they continue to leave it.

Tomorrow bowling which we are both looking forward to.

Would you believe I didn't use my Instant Pot today, instead, I used my Air Fryer and did the chicken which is in the book. I love it but haven't done it in a while. It is so easy and delicious. I thought these looked delicious but haven't tried them yet.

Caramelized Balsamic Onions

As these onion halves cook, the balsamic mixture becomes syrupy and caramelizes the onions, giving
them a bronzed caramel color and a luscious, rich flavor

2 Tbs butter, melted
1 Tbs olive oil
? cup balsamic vinegar -- (or cider vinegar)
2 Tbs dry white wine, reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
1 Tbs sugar
¼ tsp salt
? tsp ground black pepper
4 medium yellow onions (about 1 1/2 lbs total)
Fresh thyme leaves (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine butter and olive oil in 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Whisk in vinegar, wine (or broth or water), sugar, salt and pepper. Set aside. Peel off papery outer layers of onions, but do not cut off either end. Cut onions in half from stem through root end. Place onions in dish, cut-sides up. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Using tongs, carefully turn onions over to cut-sides down. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes longer or until onions are tender and balsamic mixture is thickened and caramelized. Serve cut-sides up. If desired, sprinkle with fresh thyme.

Source: Diabetic Living Magazine

Have a great day

2 comments:

  1. I have toyed with the idea of investing in cannabis farms. Its going to eventually be federally legal here in the United States and already legal by some states and lots of states have medical marijuana cards. I hear the payout is really high, at times 800%. That was some terrible heat your part of the country/world had. High temps and humidity do not mix.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have toyed with the same idea Betty. I certainly think it is getting to be very big business, but also it might be a bit risky.

      You are right, it was terrible. Didn't go out in it much myself, but couldn't get the apartment really cool in some areas. No central air, only a large unit in the wall of our living room.

      Delete