Busy day, went out early and having weakened about Hot Cross Buns (I was going to make some) went and picked some up at the bakers together with calling at the lab for some equipment. then on to the grocery where I ended up with a very snippy young woman - I misheard her on the phone and she got somewhat ratty. After that the liquor store and then back home for lunch. I was expecting a couple of deliveries in the afternoon and they arrived so that was Good Thursday for us.
ladydog is joining us today fresh from her trip dahn sahth and we are going to Red Lobster for lunch. Haven't been out for a while. Actually, probably going there again next week with the Travel Bowling League. Not sure if we will end up bowling though.
I came across this recipe today and thought it was so pretty I couldn't resist sharing it. I probably would never make it, but what an impression it would make if you were entertaining. I think it is quite beautiful.
RAINBOW ROSE VEGGIE TART
1 roll puff pastry
15 oz ricotta cheese
3 oz parmesan cheese
1 pinch nutmeg
1 pinch salt
2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs oregano
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 large multi-colored carrots
1. Unfold a puff pastry sheet over a tart pan. Place parchment paper or foil in the center and weight it down with beans or pie weight.
2. Bake the tart base in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Remove the weights and parchment paper. Let it cool.
3. In a bowl, add the eggs, ricotta, grated parmesan cheese, grated nutmeg and pinch of salt. Add the mozzarella and oregano. Mix everything up until smooth.
4. Slice strips of zucchini and carrots length-wise using a potato peeler or a mandolin. Place the slices in a bowl and cook in the microwave for 1 minute. This step will soften the slices and make them much easier to roll.
5. Spread the cheese mixture on top of the tart base.
6. Take one slice of a vegetable and roll it up very tightly—this will form the core of the rose. Take another slice and keep rolling. With around 2-3 slices you should obtain a decent-size rose bud. Place the bud in the center of the tart, pushing it down into the cheese. Keep rolling roses of different colors and place them one next to the other in a spiral formation.
7. Brush olive oil on top of the vegetables and bake the tart at 375 degrees F for 50 minutes.
Source: Genius Kitchen
Have a great day