Friday, September 21, 2018

Cannabis, Actor

One minute I am moaning and groaning because the Cannabis isn't working, another day I think it is. Today we went bowling (Thursday) and although I had some pain, not as much as usual. So, I just don't know. Despite the expensive I plan to hang on a bit longer until I see what our government do in October and then what our insurance decides to do.

Other than that, not much happening in our neck of the woods today. Watched a couple of mystery shows I like, Dr. Blake mysteries and Midsomer Murders. Dr. Blake takes place in Australia and I was fascinated to see one of the principal actors from "The Dish" but I can't figure out from the cast of characters what the actor's name is. Very few of them have photos. OK, I have finally figured it was Kevin Harrington. He's aged somewhat since The Dish which was a 2001 film.

Another Giada recipe which appealed to me today.

Linguine with Shrimp and Lemon Oil

For the lemon oil
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 lemon, zested

For the pasta
1 lb(s) linguine pasta
2 Tbs olive oil
2 shallots, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 oz frozen shrimp
¼ cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1 lemon, zested
1 tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 oz arugula (about 3 packed cups)
¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped

For the lemon oil

Combine the olive oil and the lemon zest in a small bowl and reserve.

For the pasta

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.

Meanwhile, in a large, heavy skillet warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 5 minutes. Add the cooked linguine, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. Turn off the heat and add the arugula. Using a mesh sieve, strain the lemon zest out of the reserved lemon olive oil and add the oil to the pasta. The zest can be discarded. Add some of the cooking water to desired consistency. Add the chopped parsley to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve immediately.

Yield: 4 - 6

Author: Giada De Laurentiis

Have a great day
 

10 comments:

  1. The Doctor Blake Mysteries were among my favourites. The series has ended now - there was a scandal associated with Craig McLachlan - but there's to be a TV movie follow on apparently minus McLachlan. I'm not sure how or when that will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really see how you can have Dr. Blake Mysteries without Dr. Blake!! This is such a pity Helen. I tend to wonder with all this Me2 business just how much of it is genuine.

      Delete
  2. We went to see the actual Dish when we were in Australia - it's a fabulous bit of technology out in the middle of nowhere - we had loved the film. Dr Blake was a really enjoyable series - did you watch Miss Fisher too? A bit sillier stories but the costumes were fabulous. Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not in the middle of nowhere Fil, in the middle of sheep paddock surely LOL. I have the movie and watch it quite often. Did see a couple of Miss Fisher, don't think Matt liked them, can't remember.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear it's working.

    I usually check IMDb for actor information. I think most actors have an IMDb page with all their acting credits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did Liz, eventually I did figure it from the name of the character he played (no photo) so then I could see which actor it was.

      Delete
  4. Can you tell if you feel better or the same as before you started the marijuana? It's never helped me....I only smoke it recreationally but it actually makes my anxiety worse. I never noticed it helping cramps or any other pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should see if you can get the CBD oil JoJo. I honestly can't tell if anything is really happening or not. Sometimes it seems as though it is (Matt says I walk better) and other times I have such pain in my legs I think it isn't doing a damned thing. When I was bowling, it seemed I was pain free a bit longer when I actually bowled although after 3 balls, I was hurting.

      Delete
  5. Here's hoping you get more and more feeling better and less and less feeling worse.

    ReplyDelete