Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Bowling, Repairs,

Monday being league day, we headed to the bowling alley. Unfortunately, I couldn't last very long. Played 2 of three games. Despite the fact that I had taken 3 mL of cannabis, the pain of my legs got to be too much for me today. Somebody suggested the weather, but it was a beautiful day with lots of sunshine and not a drop of rain in sight. So, I don't know about this cannabis. I had been thinking it had been helping me, but it sure didn't seem to be today.

Matt has a leather lounger which he has been using for a few years now. Unfortunately the leather has split slightly at the end of the arms so I ordered a repair kit which arrived today. Now all we have to do is check how to do the repair and then get on with it.  I haven't really read the instructions yet but will do so, maybe tomorrow. Not a lot to do except pick up the shopping.

This is a recipe I just came across and thought sounded pretty good.

Stuffed Onions (Cipolle Ripiene)

2-3 large onions, ends trimmed, peeled, and halved horizontally
Salt to taste
2 slices white bread, crusts removed
2 Tbs (30 ml) milk
1 Tbs (15 ml) capers, finely chopped
2-3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
2-3 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil

1. Place the onions cut side up on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Bake in a 375F (190C) oven until the onions are tender, 30 to 40 minutes. While the onions are cooling, soak the bread in the milk in a small bowl. Mash the bread with a fork to make a smooth paste and stir in the egg, capers, and anchovies. When the onions are cool enough to handle, scoop out the centers of the onions leaving hollow shells of 2 or 3 layers. Chop the scooped out onion finely and stir into the bread mixture. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed onions and drizzle with olive oil. Return to the oven and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.

Servings: 4

Source: WW Recipes

Have a great day
 

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your legs hurt. If it rains today, it could have been the weather. I've always heard it was the barometric pressure dropping that caused the pain. (I think)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that can happen Liz. But there ain't no rain anywhere around here at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Maybe you were experiencing a placebo effect - expecting to feel better because of the cannabis. Sure wish they could figure out why you are in pain. My brother-in-law has been going through similar pain issues for the last year with no end in sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be I guess Denise. They sure aren't achieving much solving at the moment.

      Delete
  3. I have bad days and good days still but I am better from last year. It doesn't take it away but eases it. Unfortunately, there are no miracles. I was not the best either, yesterday and I believe it is the barometric pressure. Whenever there is a change in heat in a couple of days or so, my body feels it. Tomorrow it is supposed to be cooler so I think my body was feeling this change coming. I have also found that if there is a major weather issue around..like New York State, Pennsylvania etc..., I can feel it...weird but I had kept a diary and noticed this. I would not feel discouraged but if there is no change by the end of November, contact the doctor again and you may need something different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice Birgit, I thought once or twice it was easing it and then the next day I am in a lot of pain. Don't understand it. I have an appointment with the prescribing doctor at the end of October so we will see what happens.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure there are you tube videos how to repair it if the instructions don't make sense. Maybe the people doing it will have some extra tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't think of that JoJo, not that I have looked at the instructions yet, anyway, not had time.

      Delete