Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Salad, Shopping, Snow,

Interesting article from Cooking Light. It seems salads and leafy greens can delay cognitive depletion. One hears so many things which are supposed to help, not least of which are Indian foods which include Turmeric amongst other spices. It is a fact that a lot of Asian food appears to help with degenerative brain diseases. The incidence in such countries is a whole heap lower than in the Western World.

As an aside. Nobody seems to have any idea what was the matter with Matt yesterday. At least they have now scanned his head in case of bleeding caused by his fall and possibly hitting his head. His physiotherapist came today and got him to walk round the apartment twice, fairly good hike. She showed him some leg exercises which he now refuses to do although he did do another walk. Talk about stubborn.

Went grocery shopping this aft. Was in two minds because of the roads plus my legs were not 100% but decided to go because I wanted something at the pharmacy and get 10% on Tuesdays because I am ancient, and believe me I feel ancient these days.

The driving wasn't great around where we live but the main roads were not too bad. I just crept along and got to the mall quite happily. Had trouble parking as everyone seems to have wanted to shop today. I guess the store was closed yesterday, didn't think of that. Don't mind the shopping too much although I was aching somewhat, but it's the lugging it upstairs and then putting everything away. Yes we do have an elevator. But our parking spot is furthest away from the doors then we have to haul it along a corridor, not far, but when you are using a cane and lugging a buggy, it ain't easy.

So now, sorry, too tired to hunt for a recipe tonight. Have two close friends who offer help, but one of them can't do much more than I can and the other lives quite a distance away.

Have a great day
 

10 comments:

  1. Such is our fate as we age. My car would not start yesterday and I had to have it towed. Looks like maybe the starter has gone. Then I tried to fix a leaky faucet and ended up with a leaking shut-off valve. Now waiting for a plumber and to hear from the car shop. I awoke with a splitting headache so I am off to a great start. Have a better day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you are having a really good time of it Denise. Hope at least the headache has gone by now.

      Delete
  2. Bummer they don't know what happened to Matt. Keep an eye on him.
    Good thing we eat a lot of dark leafy greens at our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it probably was an anxiety attack Alex.

      So do we, but Matt obviously hasn't eaten enough.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about Matt but all you can do is watch and take up any loose mats you may have around so he doesn't trip on those. I heard tumeric is great for the brain and love eating salads when I make them that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has been a tad better today and walking around the apartment quite a bit Birgit. Yes, they say turmeric is wonderful for the brain. Trying to add it as much as possible.

      Delete
  4. He must be feeling fine if he's being stubborn and ornery. lol I just can't take the spices in Indian food at all. They smell awful to me and give me a headache and nausea. So turmeric is out for me unless I get a supplement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You reckon JoJo? Pity about that because they are so good for you.

      Delete
  5. Hope Matt's health continues to improve. We're off to India tomorrow evening for just over 3 weeks and I'm really looking forward to enjoying some lovely spicy food. We seek out street food and seldom eat in 'posh' hotels as the meals tend to be a bit dumbed down for Western taste we find.

    Outside of the hotels the food is ridiculously cheap. We'll eat mainly veggie dishes as meat tends not to be good quality or has bits of bone in it and we'll drink lots of Masala Chai (Indian Tea) which we both love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You do enjoy India don't you? This is the third visit isn't it? I've heard street food is the way to go in several countries Sue. Sounds good.

      Enjoy your trip.

      Delete