Tuesday, January 30, 2018

No Bowling, Snow, Cursor,

I am teed off (to be polite) it was snowing today and Matt started getting all screwed up about my driving to the bowling alley because they forecast that it would be bad by the end of the day. In the end I capitulated because I didn't want him sitting here worrying. So, I didn't bowl which, because my bowl aheads are not good, our team probably went down the hole. My lead in the ladies average probably went for a tumble anyway. As it happens, I could have driven there quite happily. It did snow constantly all day but the roads were fine until traffic stopped running constantly when the roads started to turn white.

Tomorrow we are supposed to go to Mandarin for Matt's birthday lunch, I am not too sure about driving conditions by lunchtime tomorrow. We shall see. Always assuming Matt agrees to go. His foot is hurting him just above the toes and he is convinced that is where he broke a bone. It isn't.

I spent a while this afternoon trying to solve the mystery of my floating cursor without much luck. Our exercise instructor suggested I should try out different USB ports. Doesn't make any difference. It is obviously the lap top as I tried it's mouse on my desktop and it worked fine. Tried the desktop mouse on my laptop and all was haywire. Maybe throwing my laptop over the balcony might help. Me if not the laptop.

I had some mushrooms I wanted to use up so searched for something to do that was different. I came across this little recipe which was quite simple and delicious. I grow basil so that helped.  I only had half a pound of mushrooms but it worked very well.

Pasta with Mushroom Garlic Sauce

1 lb linguine, cooked al dente,drain
6 Tbs butter
10 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
pepper
2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
parmesan cheese, grated

1. In a skillet melt 2 tbsp Butter.

2. Add garlic, allow to brown, then add mushrooms, basil, Salt and Pepper.

3. Cook until the mushrooms are just tender.

4. Add remaining butter and olive oil.

5. Stir and remove from heat.

6. When Pasta is cooked reheat the sauce add parsley.

7. Mix with Pasta and enjoy.

Servings: 4

Source: Genius Kitchen

Have a great day

12 comments:

  1. Hope you can get out for Matt's birthday.
    Sounds like the laptop needs a little work. Or you need a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Alex, haven't been out for lunch for a long time now. I fear you are right, I do hope it can be fixed.

      Delete
  2. We got snow here too. And now it is very cold. My computer was acting up last night and this morning. I hate the thought of buying a new one. Have fun at lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, geographically we aren't too far apart so bound to get similar weather I guess. Sorry your computer is also acting up Denise. It's a pain isn't it? Will do my best to have a fun lunch, if we get there.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jo - it might be the battery if it's a separate mouse cursor. But good luck getting it sorted, hope you get out for lunch, and hope that snow doesn't make life too difficult. Also Matt's toes/foot/ankle ... sure hope that improves. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope tried that Hilary, thanks. I did get out for lunch but Matt ducked out in the end. The Mandarin have said he can have a rain check though. Except locally the roads were snow free. Thanks for the good wishes, will pass them on.

      Delete
  4. I'm with Matt. I never risk snow driving unless it's an emergency. I wonder if the break has set off some arthritis in the toes?

    I used to hate mushrooms, but I can eat them now. In small pieces and quantities, like on a pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I never thought of that Liz. You're not just a pretty face!!!

      I love mushrooms, sorry you can't eat more of them as this was delicious.

      Delete
  5. I've made something similar to that pasta and mushroom dish. It's quite tasty and I normally don't like mushrooms. I don't like to drive in snow either and we got about 6" of snow yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tasty JoJo, we really enjoyed it. I don't like driving in too deep snow, but we didn't get that in the end.

      Delete
  6. I love that word, capitulated. I haven't heard it for ages. I'll try and use it as soon as possible. FB message me if you don't get that mouse sorted. Scotto might have some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good word isn't it Pinky. I can just hear you inventing reasons to say it. Mouse not sorted.

      Delete