Friday, January 12, 2018

Air Fryer, Bowling, Ice, Tomatoes

Watching the videos being made by Ivy, The Happy Whisk, I am envious of her air fryer. It seems to do everything and healthily at that. I would love to get one but right now "the dibs are not in tune" to use a very old English expression. If you are not watching her videos, you should do so, they are fun and sometimes quite dotty which we kind of expect from The Happy Whisk. If you aren't watching them you should be.

Tonight I am somewhat tired so not going to write much. I did go bowling this aft. One good game, one lousy. Legs hurting. Don't think I have mentioned I am going to see my doc about getting medical Marijuana. Have a couple of friends using it who say it is marvellous plus talking to the Care Co-ordinator the other day she attended a seminar about it and seems to think it is pretty wonderful and much better for me than the codeine (Tylenol 3) that I take at the moment. Will see how it goes.

Supposed to have got ice pellets tonight. It definitely rained but not sure what kind of rain we got. Not planning to go anywhere tomorrow so it doesn't matter to me.

A quick recipe. My dad used to make this and it is one of my favourites.

Make a piece of toast, rub it with garlic when still warm. Spread about a tsp of olive oil on the toast
and then top with sliced tomatoes. Season to taste. Simple but delicious.


Have a great day

14 comments:

  1. I have a friend who uses an air fryer and loves it. I have been struggling now for six weeks with a muscle issue in one leg. I am beginning to think I need a second opinion. I just take regular Tylenol. I am sitting here waiting for the rain/sleet/ice/snow storm that is on the way. The temp is supposed to drop about one degree every 10 minutes to get below freezing. I'm not going anywhere. Your recipe is how I make my garlic bread, but I bake the slices in the oven with olive oil on them and then spread the raw garlic when done. Feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be an excellent way of cooking Denise. Sorry about the leg muscle. I don't find regular Tylenol much use. Not sure what we had last night rain or ice. I make garlic bread quite differently. Thanks. You too.

      Delete
  2. We got an air fryer for Christmas so I have been watching her videos. We're going to try egg rolls in the air fryer this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous Alex. I bet egg rolls work really well.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Alex!

      Hey Jo! Spring rolls or egg rolls are crazy good.

      Delete
    3. I can imagine they would be Ivy.

      Delete
  3. We just got an air fryer, but haven't had time to set it up yet. I'll check out that channel...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really like to get one especially after viewing Ivy's videos. Her blog is http://thehappywhisk.blogspot.ca/2017/12/air-fry-baked-potato-plus-friday.html

      Delete
  4. .
    I love garlic rubbed on toast. So yum.
    Thanks bunches for the shout-out. You rock.
    Sorry you are in pain. Hope the MaryJane helps.
    I hear good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to add the link to your videos Ivy.

      It should help from what I am told.

      Delete
  5. https://wwww.youtube.com/thehappywhisk/videos

    Is my custom channel that you all helped me get. Much thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting that Ivy. I couldn't remember off hand.

      Delete
  6. The toast and tomato thing sounds great!!! I hope medical marijuana is easier to get there than here. Despite many states legalizing it, our stupid fed. govt. is still waging a losing war against it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know JoJo, I have two friends who are using it now and don't seem to have had a lot of trouble acquiring it. Yup the toast and tomato thing is delicious.

      Delete