Friday, November 17, 2017

Bowling. Weather, Jeopardy, Movie,

Started with a really good game today but went off somewhat in the second two. Oh well. I asked for my money back but the guys just laughed. Then went to pick up some raspberries as I want to make a Pavlova. Haven't done so in a week or two. We both enjoy them.

When we got home, I got out of the car at the front door (to check the mail) and immediately it started to hail. By the time I got my hood up it had turned to rain. Weird. Never seen that happen as far as I remember. It doesn't seem that cold at the moment unless the wind is blowing which it was part of the afternoon.

Watching the Jeopardy Tournament of Champions, down to the finals now and we like all three of the contestants so don't really know whom to root for. All three of them are very good of course. Tomorrow we will find out the winner. Mind you even the lowest gets $25,000 so they all do well out of it.  One thing I was very impressed about, all the contestants for the last two weeks as well as Alex Trebek, have been wearing a ribbon in tribute to the Champion Cindy Stowell who died of cancer shortly after winning 6 games on the show.

Tonight there wasn't much on TV and looking for something to watch I discovered I had The Santa Clause 2 which I had forgotten about. Decided to watch it and also to buy the first Santa Clause movie too. To me that was the best one. Second one is OK, third one I didn't think too much of.

Turkey Day will be here any time soon and so here are some extra turkeys to have at your dinner table. Of course they leave it to you to choose a suitable chocolate cupcake. I could almost wish I was celebrating Thanksgiving next week.

Kit Kat Turkey Cupcakes

42 chocolate cupcakes*
2-1/2 cups chocolate frosting (ready to spread or homemade)
ROYAL ICING (recipe follows)
42 (about 1-1/2 tablespoons) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-
Sweet Chocolate Chips
42 regular-sized marshmallows
32 (1.5 oz. each) KIT KAT Bars
1/2 cup REESE'S PIECES Candies
HERSHEY'S Syrup (optional)

 DIRECTIONS

For each turkey you will need:

1 frosted cupcake,

1 marshmallow,

1 chocolate chip,

3 KIT KAT Bar sections and

3 REESE'S PIECES Candies.

Bake and frost cupcakes, reserving about 1 tablespoon frosting. Prepare ROYAL ICING.

To create turkey's beak, attach chocolate chip to the side of white marshmallow with icing. Pipe or dab chocolate frosting onto marshmallow for the turkey's eyes.

To create the tail feathers, break KIT KAT Bars along the natural breaking points. Attach on REESE'S PIECES Candy to the end of each bar section with icing.

Assemble the turkey by inserting three "tail feathers" into cupcake with the candy piece at the top. Set the marshmallow head in front of the feathers, pressing gently into the icing. For a fun twist, serve cupcakes with a side of syrup for gravy.

ROYAL ICING:
Stir together 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons warm water and 3/4 teaspoon pasteurized dried egg whites (meringue powder). Beat until spreadable. Add additional water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, to get desired consistency. Tint with food color, if desired. Cover icing with damp paper towel to keep icing from drying out. About 1/4 cup icing.

The ROYAL ICING recipe is enough to make 42 turkey cupcakes. Smaller amounts of cupcakes can be made, but you will have leftover icing.


Source: Hershey's

Have a great day
 

12 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law watched Jeopardy every night right up until she died in her mid-90's. And she knew the answers, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch it every night too Denise. I find I can't always dig the answers out in the time allotted.

      Delete
  2. When my second son was just a baby, I was carrying him to the car and a hail storm popped up out of nowhere. I ducked back into the garage until it passed. It was so weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is weird isn't it Liz? It was hardly worth my putting up my hood it was so quick.

      Delete
  3. Those turkey cupcakes are soooo cute! I haven't watched Jeopardy in years although I do enjoy it. I used to be really good at Wheel of Fortune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so JoJo. It takes one heck of a lot to make me miss it. Watch Wheel too, but not so avidly.

      Delete
  4. I used to watch Jeopardy but I fell out of it especially when that smarmy guy kept winning and winning. It was wild weather for sure-very weird actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean Ken Jennings, Birgit? I thought he was brilliant, 75 wins, probably will never be beaten.

      It is weird weather I agree.

      Delete
    2. That was when we were in the States Birgit, at that point we were watching As Time Goes By and for some reason not watching Jeopard. Did see him once or twice. Then have seen him on Jeopardy for one thing or another since. I don't find him smarmy - but then...

      Delete
  5. Scotto just commented today that it's time to get the Christmas movies out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several people have told me they are already watching them Pinky. I have only noticed one on TV so far though. I only own a couple so far.

      Delete