Friday, June 2, 2017

Paris Accords, Pix, Balconies, Bowling,

I cannot believe what Trump did. I liked the comment I heard "Make the world great again".

Not much good at this yet, but I quite liked this pic of a street near us. Actually we are surrounded by lots of gorgeous trees and consider ourselves very lucky to have hit on this area to live. Be even better once they have finished the damned balconies. They seem to be getting on pretty quickly so maybe I was wrong and they will get to us by the end of the summer.


When Matt and I went bowling today, Thursday, I was pleased to discover we ended up taking 5 of a possible 7 points leaving us still in 4th place. I had two fairly good games for the team yesterday. Today I had one really good game and one pretty good game. One which didn't need talking about!! Matt only beat me once today. Actually I have been trying out a new position on the alley approach from which to bowl, seems it might be working for me.

After a month or so of asparagus recipes I thought it was time for a change, I know I am alone in my total fanaticism when it comes to asparagus. We haven't had lamb chops for a while, for a silly reason really, Costco do not take Visa, I rarely have enough cash on hand to shop there and they have the best lamb chops in the area. These chops are prepared using very Indian herbs and spices and would, I imagine, taste delicious.

Spice-Marinated And Grilled Lamb Chops

You don’t need a roaring-hot grill for this lamb chops recipe. Grilling them over moderate heat will allow some of the fat to soften and render. This recipe is from Gunpowder, an Indian restaurant in
London.

½ tsp fennel seeds
1 serrano chile, finely grated
1 2-inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
4 garlic cloves, finely grated
¼ cup crème fraîche or sour cream
2 Tbs fresh lime juice
1 Tbs mustard oil (optional)
1 tsp dried mango powder (amchoor; optional)
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp finely grated nutmeg
1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder or paprika, plus more for serving
2 Tbs vegetable oil, plus more for grill
12 lamb rib chops (about 2 ¼ pounds total), frenched
Kosher salt
Mint leaves, cilantro leaves with tender stems, and lemon wedges (for serving)

1. Toast fennel seeds in a dry small skillet over medium heat, shaking pan often, until fragrant, about 45 seconds; let cool. Finely grind in spice mill or with mortar and pestle. Transfer to a large bowl; add in chile, ginger, garlic, crème fraîche, lime juice, mustard oil (if using), mango powder (if using), fenugreek leaves, pepper, nutmeg, 1 tsp. chili powder, and 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil and mix well. Season lamb chops with salt and add to marinade; turn to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.

2. Let lamb chops sit at room temperature 1 hour before grilling.

3. Prepare a grill for medium heat; oil grate. Grill lamb to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a platter; let rest 5–10 minutes.

4. Top lamb with mint and cilantro and dust with more chili powder. Serve with lemon wedges.

Do Ahead: Lamb can be marinated 12 hours ahead. Keep chilled.

Servings: 4

Have a great day
 

12 comments:

  1. Costco doesn't take Visa in Canada? Interesting cause Visa is the company that issues their credit cards here. What card do they accept?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't take credit cards at all Denise although I recently heard someone say they now take Mastercard, don't know how true that is.

      Delete
    2. I learn something new everyday. Guess I'll skip stopping in Costco on any Canadian visits. And if you think that is strange, driving through North Carolina a friend and I wanted to grab a bite to eat and couldn't find a restaurant, so we stopped at Costco.

      Delete
    3. Well you can use your debit card Denise or cash. It occurred to me after I had posted my reply, I can order stuff on line from them, use my Visa, but of course cannot order foodstuffs on line. Well they all have restaurants, never eaten in one though.

      Delete
    4. That Trump fellow is a bit strange, eh? Our government has also ditched the Paris accord. I am ashamed of them.

      Delete
    5. I didn't realise Australia had ditched them too. Thought it was only Syria and another small country (memory lapse) who were not part of the accords.

      Delete
    6. Australia hasn't abandoned the Paris Accord, Jo, but the current LNP government repealed the act the previous government had put in place which was meant to cut carbon emissions. We still have a target to cut emissions but it's nowhere near as much.

      Delete
    7. Thanks for straightening me out Helen. The emissions reduction is a big necessity, why can't governments see that?

      Delete
  2. Love the photo. I adore trees. It's gorgeous up here on the mountain with all the trees changing colour. We didn't have that up north where we were closer to the equator and there were no real seasons. I would love to visit Canada one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Pinky, especially in the Fall. I think it's nice to have all the seasons.

      Delete
  3. Costco down here takes credit cards. At least they used to. It'd be great to have a balcony so that you can sit outside in nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that they don't here. Well we still have our balcony, not sure how long before they repair ours.

      Delete