Friday, February 24, 2017

Toothache, Bowling, No Recipe,

Been having a lot of problems the last couple of days with toothache. Maybe that's the third thing? I have decided it must be. They fitted me in for an appointment at 5:45 on Thursday evening. Having taken some Tylenol 3 I wasn't hurting any more of course. At least not until the assistant tried shoving Xray plates into my mouth. Damned painful and I couldn't do it. Finally they managed to place them so I could. The upshot is I need 2 or 3 teeth pulled and one filled. I will then have to run around for a minimum of a couple of weeks looking like a toothless old hag until my gums have healed upon which time they will fit me with a plate. I just love it!!!! I'm not sure if I will go bowling during that time!! I don't know how people without insurance manage, our government doesn't cover us. For instance it cost me $108 today and I will get $43 (I think) from our insurance. At least we have insurance, but if you haven't how on earth do you manage? What that clip is looking so cheerful about I cannot imagine.

Bowled appallingly too, Matt beat me twice although I did win the third game. Blaming my legs, they were very tired today. Seeing the vascular surgeon next Thursday so I do hope he will arrange for me to have surgery ASAP. I have had to leave teeth problems til after I see him.

I might say the younger of the two alley owners was in shorts today, I know it was a lot warmer today but really!!

I'm sorry, I just can't get interested in any recipes tonight. I looked at several but nothing fired up my enthusiasm. Guess I'm a bit down. I promise I will find something for Saturday.


Have a great day
 

16 comments:

  1. Hi Jo - hope you feel better and can get your teeth and the vascular surgeon in line to make life easier and more comfortable for you - take care and have a reasonable weekend ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary. Have to pick up some antibiotics later which should help the teeth.

      Delete
  2. I do not have dental insurance. $160 twice a year for cleaning and another $250 for x-rays. My last crown was $2400 so I am hoping not to have another. I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to taking care of my teeth. Both my parents lost theirs when they were fairly young and I said I was never going to allow that to happen to me. Hope you can manage to stay comfortable till this is all taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great if you can keep your teeth Denise. Matt has all his with the exception of his front teeth which he knocked out playing Tarzan as a kid. I, on the other hand, have lost most of mine. It's so expensive though, I am glad we have some insurance assistance.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry. Count that as the third thing and be done.
    We do have great insurance and it pays for two cleanings a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Alex.

      Glad you do - without it things become extremely expensive.

      Delete
  4. My mother didn't have insurance. I think she's still paying off her dentures. She did get a special credit that is low interest and covers health issues only. It's expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the problems we found in the US Liz, insurance is so extremely expensive. We did Blue Shield Blue Cross and could only afford one with a $2,500 dollar deductible. Then they wouldn't pay fully until the costs had gone beyond $2,500 so in other words we had to spend $5,000 before they chipped in fully. Decided it wasn't worth it so dropped it. Dentistry is prohibitive and we are only partially covered for it.

      Delete
  5. We have dental insurance, of a sort, through Medicare Plus, but the place we were assigned is atrocious, so I found my own dentist, and don't use the insurance. He's in private practice, as opposed to in a big rip-off business that says you need work done when you don't, and his rates are fantastic. Just over a hundred bucks twice a year, and that's for cleaning, check-up and X-rays. He's terrific, and the most thorough dentist I've ever had. HE does the cleaning, and he's a perfectionist.

    I hope your mouth and legs feel better soon. (Can't let 'em get in the way of your bowling!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forcing you to go to a specific dentist is, in my opinion, wrong Susan. I'm glad you've found a good one.

      I hope they don't get in the way too much - I do enjoy my bowling.

      Delete
  6. Our dental insurance was so bad we ditched it. Poor you. I feel your pain. Those x rays make me gag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't gagging Pinky, but the bit resting on my skin was as painful as hell. I just couldn't bear it. They managed to place it in such a way as to not hurt so much in the end.

      Delete
  7. I'm so sorry about your dental issues. My dentist keeps trying to push an implant for a rear molar that was taken out years ago. My ins only covers a few things like cleanings and fillings. I told them no way and stop asking me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Much sympathy, Jo. I'm in a similar position but only need one extraction plus two root canals and crowns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen, my reply button isn't working today. Appreciate your sympathy. I am anti root canals. She murmured something about one but the only one I had before didn't last five minutes and then the tooth Had to come out anyway.

    ReplyDelete