Tuesday, a friend and I are going to Costco to share a membership. Neither of us go there sufficiently
Well, that's the end of an era. Downton Abbey's last show was tonight (Sunday) and I am very sad to see them go, it really was a wonderful programme. The last show went on a lot longer than usual. But mostly, of course, everything ended happily ever after even if one knows the Second World War was just around the corner.
Here's a very simple one pot meal which I picked up from the South Beach Diet email on Sunday. I think I will get some chicken breasts at Costco too so I can make this and save some.
- 4 whole chicken, breast, boneless, skinless (6 ounces each)
- salt to taste
- pepper, black ground to taste
- 4 teaspoon oil, olive, extra-virgin divided
- 10 ounce(s) mushrooms, fresh small button trimmed and quartered (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 8 tablespoon broth, chicken, fat-free, less sodium
- 1 medium onion(s) chopped
- 1 stalk(s) celery sliced
- 1 medium pepper(s), green, bell seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, diced (14 1/2-ounce)
- 1 teaspoon oregano, fresh chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano