Friday, January 8, 2016

Ninja Snowman, Medical Issues,

I believe I have mentioned that I am not a very good photographer. However, I finally got pix of the Ninja Snowman, although his head looks a bit thinner than it was when I first saw him. I don't remember him leaning over so much either.

 Matt said there was a dog in the window behind it strenuously objecting to me taking the photograph. When I finally looked up, he was just a little white dog but rather cute and barking his head off.

Unfortunately, I didn't hear anything from the doctor about my X-ray so assume I won't hear anything until Monday.I think she needs to get more help otherwise people are going to get fed up and go elsewhere. I phoned them yesterday about something unrelated and haven't heard from them. OK, if it's urgent, one can always go to Emergency I guess, but... Apart from anything else Emergency is usually overcrowded anyway. The government are cutting back on medical care. Maybe so they can send troops to fight ISIS or something. You can imagine what I think of that. I have no doubt I am not alone. We used to contribute a small payment to our medical services, for some reason they stopped that. It was the same in the UK. We used to pay for a health stamp, but they stopped that too. Maybe they figure it costs too much to administer.

Been thinking a lot about asparagus lately. I even paraphrased a line from poetry, And in spring a woman's fancy, lightly turns to thoughts of asparagus. Yes I know, it doesn't scan or anything, but I am sure you know where I am coming from. Anyway, I saw this recipe and decided to post it. You can save it til the spring if you wish.

Cheesy Baked Asparagus

Just a Pinch by Janet Crow

Servings 2-4


When I was going through treatments for cancer 3 years ago I learned a lot about the foods I needed
to eat and asparagus was one of them. I would make this at a minimum of once a week and it is absolutely delicious. I even got my husband hooked on asparagus with this recipe

1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
3 Tbs butter, melted
1 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 Cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp house seasoning ((equal parts garlic powder, onion powder and pepper...combine and store in an airtight container)

Line a baking sheet with some tinfoil. Place the asparagus on the baking sheet and drizzle with the melted butter. Sprinkle the house seasoning and parmesan cheese over the top. Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove and top with the mozzarella cheese and a little sprinkling of italian seasoning over the top. Return to the oven for an additional 5-7 minutes to melt the cheese and let it begin to brown.

Have a great day


17 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Thank you for sharing. The little dog was just protecting his protector. :) Lots of sunshine in that pic - may be why he's leaning.
    No news is good news??? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a very sunny day Yolanda. Cool though.

      I hope so too. Still hurts though.

      Delete
  2. I was surprised recently in purchasing frozen asparagus how good it was. The fresh didn't look that good and we wanted some with our new year meal. Hubby drizzled olive oil on it, I think it was wild mushroom and sage olive oil, and some other spices. Very tender and delicious.

    It is frustrating waiting on call backs from doctors. Not comparing apples to oranges, but our vet was very good at getting back on things, but different industry, however a well run office should be able to get test results out in timely fashion.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I can't buy frozen asparagus round here. I have never seen it in Canada, don't know if that's just here or what. It is good, I have eaten it when I lived in NC.

      You are right Betty, it is frustrating. Of course the secretary may be working today even if the doctor isn't taking patients.

      Delete
  3. That snowman doesn't look so much ninja to me as a thug in a ski mask. I hope you are OK! Get to the ER if you have to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, maybe JoJo. If I really need to I will certainly go to the ER

      Delete
  4. Finally! The elusive Ninja snowman. Although he can't be a real Ninja. You can't take pictures of those.
    Sorry you have to wait until Monday for news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you certainly can't take a picture of the only one I know personally Alex.

      I'm hoping the secretary is there and will be calling.

      Delete
  5. Ninja Snowman - what fun. Glad you took a photo and let us see.

    That Asparagus looks wonderful .. someone said the weather has been so warm that their asparagus is already coming up about 3 to 4 months early ... now as it gets cold - what comes next! It's interesting weather wise ...

    Hope the results for the hip get sorted soon .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it hadn't disappeared.

      I wonder if the asparagus is doing that locally. I saw spring flowers showing around Christmas time.

      I am pretty convinced I will have to have a replacement. Then I will have a matching set LOL

      Delete
  6. Knock on wood, at this time, we have an awesome doc. Hate my health insurance changes, but love the doctor.

    Every time I see asparagus in the store, I think of you...poetically, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our doc is pretty good at the present time but I guess we have to wait for her to settle down into her new clinic.

      Poetically Liz???

      Delete
  7. I saw a hilarious Youtube video the other day of a woman giving a therapeutic massage but in the background through a window a cat was sicking up a hair ball. Animals photobombing makes me laugh. I wish you'd caught the little dog in the background. I always think that if the doctor doesn't call straight away then it's probably not serious. Love your asparagus poetry ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny. I didn't even see the dog as I was concentrating on the snowman. It may be the doc hasn't yet seen the results if they didn't arrive til after they were closed. Glad you liked my little ditty.

      Delete
  8. I think the ninja snowman is doing too much exercise, that's why he's getting thin. It's a pity that governments think it is more important to go kill people in other countries than taking care of the health of their own people. It's just ridiculous how much they spend in weapons vs. how much they spend in health care. I guess that's a strategy to reduce world population. Their motto must be "Kill them or let them die."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I want twenty dragon sized orders of those asparagus!

      Delete
    2. I think you are right about the snowman Al. I also agree with what you say about governments.

      20 dragon sized orders, are you going to share with the dwarves or is that all for you?

      Delete