Thursday, October 15, 2015

Stitches, Car Repair, Baseball,

So this morning we went to the surgeon's office and Matt had the stitches removed from his leg by a very glamorous woman. Not sure if she was a nurse or what. Certainly wasn't dressed one. The nurse we saw before was in scrubs. She put a dressing on the remaining wound for a couple of days. I must admit, not being an expert, I think the stitches should have stayed in a tad longer.

After lunch Matt went to the garage about the rear license plate light which had broken. Being an old car, they sent him to a store some distance away. I went with him and we got what was needed. Back to the garage and sitting there I asked if we had time for Matt to drive me home, so he did. The gadget was on sale for $4 plus tax $5.50. Not bad. However, it cost $56 to get it fixed. Maybe we should start taking the bus!! They had a super coffee system at the garage. I would like a system like that for our kitchen. The amount of coffee I drink it would be ideal. They had the TV on to a sports
channel which was about to show a game with the Toronto Blue Jays. Now let me assure you I couldn't be less interested in baseball, but everyone has been talking about these games and how they must be home by 4 p.m. to watch them, etc. etc. so I asked how the Blue Jays were doing and was told they lost 2 games at home, won 2 games in Texas and now have a final game at home again. Everyone is on tenterhooks. Just checked, the Blue Jays appear to be in the lead for the 7th inning. I haven't a clue how many innings they have. This picture was taken today at an earlier inning. Being Canadian, I hope they do win. I can't believe I am writing about baseball, must check my temperature. Later I checked, the Blue Jays won 6-3.

I love stuffed mushrooms, I thought these sounded good.

Cheese 'n Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms

Kraft Kitchens

12 Large mushrooms (1 lbs)
4 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1 clove garlic, minced
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 tbs chopped fresh parsley

Heat oven to 350 °F. Remove stems from mushrooms, discard or save for another use.

Mix remaining ingredients; spoon into mushroom caps. Place, filled sides up, in shallow baking dish. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until heated right through.

Variation: Use Neufchatel instead of cream cheese. Use turkey bacon. Use 2% milk shredded Cheddar Cheese.

Special Extra. Sprinkle with paprika before baking.

Substitute: Philadelphia Bacon cream cheese: Use in place of the bacon and cream cheese.

Have a great day
 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Jo - glad the stitches are out and I'm sure all will be well. Bits and bobs on the car are a pain ... as I know all too well. Love stuffed mushrooms ... large or small ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary. I hope so. They surely are a pain, an expensive pain.

      Delete
  2. They charged you over $50 to replace a license plate light? That's crazy! I don't follow baseball much either....watching it is like watching paint dry. I live in Red Sox Nation and although I was a big time fan the first time I lived here, I just can't get into it anymore. I still like the Seattle Mariners anyway. Happy to hear Matt got his stitches out. Make sure he doesn't overdo and pull the skin apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it either, especially as we had already bought the part. However, labour charges are horrendous. Love your description of baseball watching, a lot of people say the same about cricket which I used to enjoy when I had a boyfriend who played regularly. Yes, I am a tad concerned about the wound opening again.

      Delete
  3. I go to see the Pittsburgh Pirates play every now and then, but don't follow baseball. As you know, I am more of a football sort of girl.

    I'd keep the car. You never know when you'll have an emergency.

    Your recipe looks good, but there are so many steps. You realize, the more steps and ingredients, the more room for errors, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not really into any kind of sports Liz, I played golf for a number of years but never enjoyed watching it on TV.

      I was only joking. I would hate to be without a car although it may happen one day.

      Well, I suppose so, but as I print my recipes to take to the kitchen, I could always tick them off as I go.

      Delete
  4. It's annoying how much things cost to have fixed. I wish I was a master of all trades. I wish we had a car mechanic in our family but we don't. We have a plethora of electricians in our family but do you think we can ever pin them down to come and fix things? The answer is no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once had a friend married to a builder Pinky, she had the same complaint. She swore when she was reincarnated she was going to have all her teeth pulled and marry a dentist.

      Delete