I found this recipe on Food and thought it looked interesting and somewhat different for supper
Bennigan's Chicken Quesadilla
- Servings: 4
About This Recipe"I got this recipe from recipegoldmine.com and enjoyed it so much I wanted to share it. These were so easy, and as a novice cook, I was surprised to find the finished product was restaurant quality. I added the Pace Cilantro Salsa to the original recipe."
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- spreadable butter
- 1 lb mozzarella cheddar blend cheese, shredded
- 1/2 package old el paso fajita seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- pace cilantro salsa, to taste
- Fry chicken in a pan coated with cooking spray or olive oil.
- After chicken is cooked, add water and seasoning to the pan.
- Sauce will thicken slightly after a few minutes.
- Set the chicken and sauce aside while preparing the other ingredients.
- Butter one side of all the tortillas and set aside.
- Dice the tomato and the onion, mix and also set aside.
- Place a tortilla, buttered side down, on hot pan or griddle.
- Layer ingredient in the following order on the tortilla: cheese, chicken and sauce, tomato/onion mixture, cheese, salsa.
- Top with another tortilla, buttered side up.
- Once the cheese starts to bubble from the sides of the quesadilla it typically is time to flip it.
- Be careful to keep everything together while flipping.
- I used a spatula underneath (in one hand) and some tongs to hold the quesadilla together (in the other hand) and flipped quickly.
- Shell should be crunchy and a golden color.
- If you find that the quesadilla is semi plump in the center, simply press down with spatula once you have flipped it.
- Let stand for a few moments and then cut into quarters, serve with your choice of sour cream, guacamole or salsa for dipping.
Have a great weekend