Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Tale of Woe, TV Shows.

Well, here I am again after all with a tale of woe. Approximately 3 a.m. I went to the bathroom. I was
just sitting there when suddenly I experienced pain all round my hips, like a ring of pain. With great difficulty I managed to stand and then to make my way back to bed. Then I couldn't really lie down properly or anything. Eventually I woke Matt and he got me some pain killers. Sitting on the side of the bed I realised that was the most comfortable spot so ended up, with the aid of a cane and Matt, making my way into the living room and sitting in my recliner. I realised that was the place to stay and I have virtually been there ever since. The pain is improving slightly all the time. But, oh boy!!! I am walking much better now and basically my most discomfort is standing up or sitting down. I toyed with the idea of going to the hospital, but as I seem to be improving I don't think I will as the idea of sitting forever in my present level of discomfort, waiting to be seen, does not appeal. Wish I was just teed off about my blood sugar levels as I was yesterday. I haven't even had a shower today as we figured stepping in and out of the bath and then moving around in said bath would not be the best move on my part. So I shall just sit here longer and feel sorry for myself.

I was concerned that after I was settled in my chair last night, I would not be able to make Matt hear me if I needed him so he took the cell phone back to bed with him and I kept the house phone beside me. Didn't need it as it turned out. Let's hope I can bowl on Wednesday.

Before all this happened, Matt decided to watch Singing in the Rain. I wasn't going to but ended up doing so. It really is a very good movie. Tonight it's Simon and Garfunkel in Central Park.

This recipe was shared on Facebook today and I thought it looked delicious as well as extremely easy. It is a Cooking Light recipe and I have made many of their recipes over the years.


Cheesy Cauliflower Biscuits


The Recipe:
  • 1 cauliflower head, leaves removed
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Step 1: Make Mashed CauliflowerPreheat the oven to 400°F. Steam cauliflower for about 10-12 minutes or until very tender, then transfer to a food processor. Add minced garlic and pulse several times until smooth and creamy.
Step 2: MixTransfer mashed cauliflower into a large mixing bowl. Add in two whole eggs, cheddar cheese, Nonfat Greek yogurt, salt and pepper and mix together.
In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Then, slowly fold the egg whites into the cauliflower mixture.
Step 3: BakeCoat a mini muffin pan with cooking spray of your choice. Then fill the cups to the top with the cauliflower mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
Remove from the pan, and set on a cooling rack.
Makes: 24 small Biscuits. Serving size: 2 Biscuits

CALORIES 51; FAT 2.5g (sat 1.3g, mono 0.8g, poly 0.2g); PROTEIN 4.4g; CARB 3.2g; FIBER1.0g; CHOL 36mg; IRON 0.4mg; SODIUM 227.5mg; CALC 56mg


Have a great day
 

26 comments:

  1. Hi Jo - hope you can sort it out and get comfortable once again with all things. The Cauliflower 'biscuits' sound a great way of serving cauliflower ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a lot better today Hilary, thanks. They do sound good don't they?

      Delete
  2. Oh Jo that sounds awful. I hope it settles soon. We have a small but noisy hand bell that I keep beside the bed - snoring husband sleeps at the opposite end of the house - in case of emergencies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty awful although quite a bit better today Helen. Just thought, I have a noisy hand bell too, Forgot about it the other night. Too busy suffering if not in silence.

      Delete
  3. 'Hope I can bowl on Wednesday'? What a trooper! I hope you find out what is going on. Maybe a pinched nerve?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa Denise. I think I will be able to because I tried the moves - only trouble is, will I be able to get up the steps into the alley? I wondered about a pinched nerve too. I am, however, much better today.

      Delete
  4. I hope the pain has eased enough for you to be able to function OK today!!! I love cauliflower recipes, will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoJo, it has. I will still be taking it easy mind you.

      I haven't tried it yet, but it looks good in the video.

      Delete
  5. If you don't improve by tomorrow, go see a doctor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir. Actually, I am much better today Alex. Still a lot of pain but not crippling like it was yesterday.

      Delete
  6. Wow! I hope that you are improving! Could it be a pinched nerve?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of that Maggie as did another commenter. However, it's been getting better, would that happen with a pinched nerve I wonder.

      Delete
  7. I am almost ready to search for you and take you to the hospital! I have read about the pinched nerve and it could be sciatica. My hubby has a problem with it. It can just come on suddenly and it can be crippling. I hits in the back-lower near the butt but can just send streams of pain down the leg(s) and around the whole area. One needs rest-pure and simple and the recliner is the best because you are not putting pressure on it. I hate to say this but bowling will aggravate it again. Please see the dr! On a happier note-I love that movie!! Do you know that the scenes with the mike hidden in the bush and the little box where the director and cameraman sat is all true! This is not exaggerated. In fact, Gene Kelly wears one of Valentino's old costumes in that part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh my friends are bullies. Yes, yes, I will go see a doc if it gets bad again, but right now it is heaps better. As for bowling we will see.

      You really know your movie stuff Birgit. Interesting he wore a costume of Valentino's. Never seen any of his movies, have you? I remember watching some Garbo movies in England a long, long time ago.

      Delete
  8. Glad the pain is less than before. Yikes. No fun indeed.

    The recipe looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivy. I don't know about fun but one I certainly want to try.

      Delete
  9. "It's probably just a nerve" is what Scotto and I say to each other when something like that happens. Or a muscle spasm. Good to hear you're getting better. That's an excellent sign. I hope you get to go bowling too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly hit a nerve Pinky. You could actually be right it seems to be even betterer this evening LOL. Just hope it's more so for bowling tomorrow.

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness Jo that sounds a lot of pain / dis-comfort. I do hope it clears soon.

    Just love the recipe you've shared today for Cheesy Cauliflower Biscuits. My husband Eddie (he's Type 2 diabetic) will be able to eat these and at 3.2g carb will not raise / spike his blood sugar reading. Great one,many thanks.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been Jan. I am still in pain but it is way better than yesterday and hopefully will be way better tomorrow.

      I never measure my blood sugar after eating, only morning and night.

      By the way, I lived in Kent, where are you?

      Delete
    2. Kent is a lovely County, we live in London.

      All the best Jan

      Delete
    3. I lived in Clapham Junction for 4 years in my early 20s. I was working in the West End, first for Kangol and later for Aquascutum in Regent St. Dunno if either of those companies still exist. I was actually born in Cheshire. Hubby was born in County Durham but came down south when he was a baby.

      Delete
  11. You need a shower chair. *pointed stare* You also need to be checked out, Mrs. Stubborn. What if it's something in your back and not your hips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nag, nag, nag Melissa. Actually standing up and sitting down are the worst. However, I am heaps better today and have just returned from the bowling alley where I scored well. Matt swears he is not coming with me again when I am not up to par. I really think it's sciatica.

      Delete
  12. Hi Jo, so sorry to hear you're not doing well. I hate giving medical advice, but, that's never stopped me right? :) Could be kidney stones? Okay, that's all, no example to go with it, even though I do have one.
    Just take care of yourself! I hope you can bowl too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yolanda. You would have got me really scared except it's already getting better.

      I did bowl.

      Delete