Saturday, July 18, 2015

Saturday Recipe

This is a recipe from Kevin at Closet Cooking. He does come up with some very good ideas.

Strawberry Cheesecakeadillas


Servings: 2
Warm melted cream cheese sandwiched between crispy tortillas dusted in cinnamon and sugar, aka cheesecake in quesadilla form!

ingredients
  • 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 (8 inch) flour tortillas
  • 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • strawberry sauce to taste
directions
  1. Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth, spread it on one tortilla and top with the other.
  2. Spread the butter on the outside of the tortillas, place in a pan and cook over medium heat until lightly golden brown, about 2-4 minutes per side, before sprinkling the mixture of the sugar and cinnamon on top, slicing and enjoying.

Have a great weekend
 

21 comments:

  1. Mouth watering now. That looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look deliciously dangerous!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks decadent and mouth watering

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious and pretty. Have a lovely weekend Jo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so Pinky. You have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  5. Hi Jo,

    I just entered strawberry heaven. Thank for sharing that recipe of Kevin's. Time for me to get some sleep and dream of strawberries. Sweet!

    Have a nice Sunday, Jo.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your dreams were good then Gary with lots of English cream to go with them.

      Delete
  6. Ingredient, 1, 2, and 4 I won't eat, but even still, the picture and overall idea, look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Presumably you are allergic to the cheese anyway Ivy?

      Delete
    2. Oh, good news on that front. I can est and smell cheese without a rash. However, I don't go back because once I stopped esting the dairy, nearly all my chronic spinal pain left, as well as leg pain.

      Then during staycation, without thinking, I was eating the pizza, no rashes. But not long after,the pain came back. Got off the dairy for good, pain nearly all gone. Very rare now, and I'm into my 6th week of walk/jogging.

      Had I not had to stop dairy for those allergic reactions, I would still be in chronic pain. I love when stuff like that happens.

      Delete
    3. That is great Ivy, nothing worse than chronic pain. I wonder what would happen if I quit dairy. Have a lot of back pain.

      Delete
    4. I tell you, I had no idea that my aches and pains would lesson to the degree that they have. Now this weekend, outmshoppung with Tim's mom, and me breaking out from allll the stores, I did feel pain. But two days and I was back to exercise.

      Anyway, I just don't see me going back to dairy. I rather be pain-free. I don't know, if this works for everyone or not. But I also did the elimination diet. That was super helpful for me.

      Delete
    5. Do you have pinched nerves or slipped discs?

      Delete
  7. That recipe would be a hit here in Houston. Very south-of-the-border. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess there's a lot of Mexican inspired foods up here too Melissa

      Delete