Saturday, November 15, 2014

Saturday Recipe

This recipe landed in my inbox this week and I followed up the links to find a blog called Damn Delicious. I also found a page from Zoomer magazine with quite a few different cauliflower recipes most of which looked delicious. I chose this one to share today. I don’t have a cauliflower in the fridge at the moment, I will have to remedy that.


Parmesan Cauliflower Bites
 
Yield 4 servings

Parmesan Cauliflower Bites
Crisp, crunchy cauliflower bites that even the pickiest of eaters will love - perfect as an appetizer or after school snack!
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup Panko*
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning
  • 4 cups cauliflower florets
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
Instructions
  • Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
  • In a large bowl, combine Panko, Parmesan and Emeril's Essence; set aside.
  • Working in batches, dredge cauliflower in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
  • Add cauliflower to the skillet, 5 or 6 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
  • Serve immediately.
Notes
*Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb and can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store.

Adapted from The Cozy Apron

Have a great day
Jo









16 comments:

  1. Hi Jo - they look good .. and I eat a lot of cauliflower ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoy cauliflower too. If you check the link, there are lots of cauliflower recipes.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jo - I am such a cauliflower buff! I don't have one in the fridge either, but I will shortly!! And the florets look so attractive - I am drooling. (Few people know that Panko is my middle name - shh!) ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use a lot of Panko too. I thought this looked attractive as well.

      Delete
  3. Oh that looks AMAZING! Not sure about the creole seasoning though....is there any way to describe what it tastes like? Is it hot/spicy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can adjust the seasoning to taste JoJo. If you follow the Creole Seasoning link which I have just adjusted you will find the recipe for it. We like hot and spicy so might even add more to the mix.

      Delete
  4. Looks great, such a nice veg to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Panko. My mom makes the baked panko onion rings from the weight watchers cook book and they are delicious. That would be good on broccoli too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious. I love Parmesan and cauliflower. My dogs love Parmesan too and have been known to knock the container off the table and break into it. It must be the strong smell that attracts them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how dogs love cheese. Every time we went to the fridge for cheese our dog was right there. We could go the fridge 20 times a day, but when we went for cheese she reacted.

      Delete
  7. Looks delicious, I love using Panko!

    ReplyDelete