Monday, October 20, 2014

Media Files, Socks.

media pageFor those of you who have asked about hearing the radio spot I am doing today, I have been looking into adding MP3s to my blog. I think I’ve made a start but it is a tad complicated and I am not quite sure what the hell I am doing. Ve shall see. I will persevere. I found a helpful site by googling so I think I have created a media page. Unfortunately I am currently on my laptop and the MP3s I already have of radio interviews are on my desktop which hubby is using to play Bookworm at the moment.

Bowling was moderately good. My average stayed the same, Matt’s went up by 1. I like to wear black socks when bowling as – particularly in bad weather – one is required to take off shoes at theSimcan Socks entry and then walk shoeless to one’s lane area. Wetness on bowling shoes can be very dangerous when actually bowling. Needless to say, white socks become filthy (also very difficult to get clean) so I wear black. Some months ago I ordered some black diabetes socks from our foot nurse. I got the white ones but she had got me beige instead of black. She phoned me last week and it turns out that the manufacturer, Simcan, have someone new making these socks and they wanted to collect opinions. So long as I fill in forms, I now have 4 pairs of socks free. Suits me. 3 pair of white cost me $15 so I guess I have saved $20 just by filling in a few forms for 4 days running.

Here’s another interesting recipe from MyRecipes.

Lime-Cilantro Pork Tacos



Cooking Light.

4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos)

Ingredients
 
1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into thin strips
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped plum tomato
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
8 (6-inch) flour tortillas

Preparation


Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and black pepper. Add oil to pan. Add pork, and sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove pork from pan; place in a bowl. Add onion and jalapeño to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add broth; reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in tomato; simmer 2 minutes.
Return pork and accumulated juices to pan. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; cook 1 minute or until pork is done.
Heat tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 1/2 cup pork mixture into each tortilla; roll up.

Note:

Browning the pork improves its color, and the browned bits enrich the sauce's flavour. Add more jalapeño pepper if you enjoy spicy food. Use the same pan to brown the pork and make the rave-worthy sauce.

Have a great day
Jo_thumb[2]

20 comments:

  1. Good luck with the media files, Jo. All that takes is time and effort! Thanks for the light recipe. I feast one day then practice famine the next, so that' s good recipe for famine days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I forgot to schedule this blog. I eat the same steady diet all the time because of diabetes.

      Delete
  2. I can't even figure out how to add a pinterest widget! Good luck with the media files. You can't bring a pair of slippers to use when you have to remove your shoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoJo, hopefully I will get it sorted out.

      Never thought of that, but as we carry bowling shoes and balls, don't really need any extra weight. It's not like we have to walk that far.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jo.
    Can't you use shoe covers? When we were tenpin bowling regularly in league games most people used these to protect soles of the bowling shoes when leaving the lanes between games - such a palava having to keep changing shoes. Mine were garish leopardskin print but you can buy simple plain colours. http://www.lonproshop.com/#!product/zoomje3/881278164/shoe-cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you mentioned these to me before. I am guessing that is an English website. I have now googled for a site on this side and they are very expensive, that would be over $300 for both of us. I would rather change my shoes.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I think I have managed to make a link to the existing MP3 files. The one from today won't be mine for a while yet.

      Delete
  5. I still can't figure things out, but it never keeps me from trying. Failing usually, but trying! LOL

    Can you wear covers over your socks? Those paper things that workmen use? But I like black socks in the winter too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have got it. Check tomorrow.

      Changing my shoes is no big deal and wearing black socks takes care of the problem.

      Delete
  6. Recipe sounds delicious. And it would be healthy for everyone, diabetic or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know anything about media files. Awesome that you're figuring them out. My mom has a hard time finding the power button.

    We've been wrapping all kinds of food in tortillas. I can make them in bulk and they microwave and save better than bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor did I until you lot wanted to hear me on the radio LOL. I think I have it figured, come back tomorrow.

      I don't use tortillas much, don't know why, I enjoy them when I do eat them. As for bread I always put it in the freezer and then nuke what we need.

      Delete
  8. Sorry I'm late to this but your emails have been going to my spam folder because of a redirect I had to set up. Hopefully your radio show is on the next post which I will look at right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your responses to your own blogs often went to spam, think they still do. Weird isn't it.

      Delete
  9. Looking forward to hearing you Jo - well done on figuring out media files ... I'm still at the stage of getting widgets up.
    Fil

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mp3, Jo. You're braver than me. I've had people asking me to make videos of my crochet posts for quite some time, and just don't feel qualified enough to do it well. Good for you diving in and figuring it out. Also, the recipe sounds delicious! I will use corn tortillas for my gluten free version. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I am not the one making the MP3s, just getting them onto the internet which actually proved a lot easier than I thought.

      Delete