Red Cabbage Soup with Friend Cabbage garnish
Kimchi Quesadillas with Parmesan, Brie, Rice and Thai Basil
BLT Burger with Caesar Salad
I had the Kimchi Quesadillas.Matt had the BLT Burger which was not yer plain ol’ BLT, I know it had a fried egg on it amongst other things. My friend having had the soup too also had their version of a grilled cheese sandwich which looked delicious. I was quite surprised, for a new restaurant, just how full they were for a Tuesday lunchtime. Not the cheapest place to eat, but the food is well worth it. We met the two owners, my friend’s niece Trella and her friend/chef Steph. I would very much recommend this restaurant and would like to go back some day soon.
I just watched the movie The Last Legion with Colin Firth and Ben Kingsley, two of my favourites. It was on TV the other night with lots of ads and I switched it off but decided I would like to see it so rented it from iTunes. I really enjoyed it. It ends up in Britannia and shows how Excalibur came to be in the rock from which Arthur later withdrew it.
This recipe was on Food.com and looks very simple and easy to make for a quick meal.
Pork Cutlet Parmigiana
This was an inexpensive meal that my mom always made when we were growing up. I do not care for the taste of veal so this is how I make it.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, sliced into medallions
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
4 cups spaghetti sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
oil, to fry
- With a meat mallet, pound pork into thin patties.
- In a shallow dish beat egg, in another shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs and seasoning.
- Dip each pork medallion into beaten egg and then into bread crumbs.
- Fry over med hi heat till browned- it does not need to be fully cooked.
- In a 9 X 13 baking dish, put in 1 cup sauce and half the pork, top with half of the cheese. Top with half the remaining sauce. Repeat again for balance of ingredients.
- Bake covered at 350 for 1/2 hour, remove top and bake 10 more minutes.
- Serve over pasta.