Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Gilt, Movie.

Gilt Restaurant and Bar – we went with our friend for lunch on Tuesday. I tried to take pictures – joke. First of all two of us had Duck Confit on Chinese Steam Buns and I totally forgot to take a picture of  those. Then I had the soup shown below which was absolutely delicious. Thick and luscious. I didn’t think they would give me the recipe so didn’t ask.

Red Cabbage Soup with Friend Cabbage garnish

Cabbage Soup

Kimchi Quesadillas with Parmesan, Brie, Rice and Thai Basil
Absolutely scrumptious

Kimchi Quesadilla

BLT Burger with Caesar Salad

BLT Burger Ceasar Salad

I had the Kimchi Quesadillas.Matt had the BLT Burger which was not yer plain ol’ BLT, I know it had a fried egg on it amongst other things. My friend having had the soup too also had their version of a grilled cheese sandwich which looked delicious. I was quite surprised, for a new restaurant, just how full they were for a Tuesday lunchtime. Not the cheapest place to eat, but the food is well worth it. We met the two owners, my friend’s niece Trella and her friend/chef Steph. I would very much recommend this restaurant and would like to go back some day soon.

I just watched the movie The Last Legion with Colin Firth and Ben Kingsley, two of my favourites. It was on TV the other night with lots of ads and I switched it off but decided I would like to see it so rented it from iTunes. I really enjoyed it. It ends up in Britannia and shows how Excalibur came to be in the rock from which Arthur later withdrew it.

This recipe was on Food.com and looks very simple and easy to make for a quick meal.

Pork Cutlet Parmigiana


By Dawnab

This was an inexpensive meal that my mom always made when we were growing up. I do not care for the taste of veal so this is how I make it.
Pork Cutlet Parmigiana

2 lbs pork tenderloin, sliced into medallions
1 egg
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
4 cups spaghetti sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
oil, to fry

Directions:
  • With a meat mallet, pound pork into thin patties.
  • In a shallow dish beat egg, in another shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs and seasoning.
  • Dip each pork medallion into beaten egg and then into bread crumbs.
  • Fry over med hi heat till browned- it does not need to be fully cooked.
  • In a 9 X 13 baking dish, put in 1 cup sauce and half the pork, top with half of the cheese. Top with half the remaining sauce. Repeat again for balance of ingredients.
  • Bake covered at 350 for 1/2 hour, remove top and bake 10 more minutes.
  • Serve over pasta.
Have a great day
Jo_thumb[2]

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well the only Thai I had was the basil. I love Thai food too though. I am NOT, like some people, a peanut butter freak. They had a PBJ and caviar dish which my friend said is to die for.

      Delete
  2. You definitely eat some interesting things, Jo.
    The pork recipe sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like lots of variety in my food.

      It does - it can also be made with veal of course.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jo - that's great your friend's niece's restaurant is doing so well - enjoy your next visit ... Colin Firth and Ben Kingsley - good combination ... the film sounds interesting too - I missed it or any knowledge of it - as that was when my mother became ill .. so glad to know about it ..

    Your pork parmigiana is the way I'd do it too .. .delicious .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of things I wanted to try. Do you have iTunes? It cost me $4 to rent it.

      Pork cutlets are very popular round here. The German heritage.

      Delete
  4. That burger looks HUGE! And good too I might add!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt seems to have enjoyed it. Quesadillas are more in my line though.

      Delete
  5. Sounds absolutely yummy Jo. Great recipe. I love ads...I can make a cuppa...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I wouldn't mind one break in a movie, but every few minutes is ridiculous.

      Delete
  6. That looks pretty much to what we would call "Choriqueso", yum yum. Too bad I can't eat that right now. Well, I can't eat much right now. Maybe in the future. Abrazos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will be able to eat things again soon.

      Delete
  7. I'm a great fan of Colin Firth and Ben Kingsley too. Haven't seen that movie though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see Ben Kingsley as Ghandi? Wonderful. I like Colin Firth too.

      Delete