Monday, October 27, 2014

Book and Bowling.

Dragons-Egg_thumb3I’ve  just started a book called Dragon’s Egg (no nothing to do with dragons) by Robert L. Forward, which is pretty scientific and at first I wasn’t sure I was going to continue as there was so much science, but I persevered and am now enjoying it. However there was one bit which said there were 4 black holes in the sun and that it would fail in a few million years but that humanity, having decided there was nothing we could do was ignoring it and hoping it would go away – what a very true statement about our attitude. Think of global warning. The existence of black holes in the sun is fictional by the wBlack-hole-missing._thumb1ay. Not that any of us would be around to see what happened. There is a report of a star managing to evade being swallowed by a black hole which has scientists somewhat amazed. They can’t believe it happened and with only minor damage. The picture shows plasma being drawn off a star as it passes a black hole. The book is actually turning out to be a very good one - it is an old book (1980) which has been re-issued.

Bowling yesterday was disastrous to say the least. My average droppedPin_Animation1[1] by 3 points. A woman on our team, who is generally not a very good bowler, beat me in all three games. Matt didn’t do that well either. Oh well, having to throw practically every ball due to a lack of strikes and spares means I got lots of exercise.  Thursday we are bowling in the Travel League; we are in New Hamburg this month. Let’s hope we do better, although of course it doesn’t matter that much not like the league scores. The way this little picture works is better than I was bowling most of the time. I could NOT get the head pin.

I like Kraft recipes they are so easy to do.

New Classic Chicken Bake


Boneless chicken breasts are baked to tender, juicy perfection in this New Classic Chicken Bake recipedelicious new take on the classic chicken bake.

6 servings

What You Need

1 pkg.  (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
3 Tbsp.  flour
1-1/2 cups  milk
3 cups  fresh broccoli florets
1 cup  KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 tsp.  dried thyme leaves
6 small  boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.)
1 tsp.  oil

Make It

HEAT oven to 350°F.
PREPARE stuffing as directed on package.
WHISK flour and milk in large microwaveable bowl until blended. Microwave on HIGH 4 min., stirring after 2 min. Add broccoli, cheese and thyme; mix well.
COOK chicken in hot oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 3 to 5 min. on each side or until browned on both sides. Place in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with vegetable mixture and stuffing.
BAKE 25 to 30 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF).

Kraft Kitchens Tips

Serving Suggestion
Serve with a mixed green salad and your favorite fresh fruit to round out the meal.
Substitute
Prepare using your favourite flavour of STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix.

Have a great day
Jo_thumb[2]

17 comments:

  1. I read about that book last week and downloaded it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got mine from the library. You should enjoy it Alex.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jo. That chicken bake sounds so easy and tasty. Shame about your bowling average. Hopefully you pick up next time!

    That book sounds a little too sciency for me, but glad you pressed on and enjoyed it.

    Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the book isn't too sciency after all. It is a good story.

      Delete
  3. I make a recipe very similar to this, my family loves it! Not every game can be perfection but your attitude is right on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black holes sipping sun. Strange...
    Well, at least you got some exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better than swallowing it hole.

      You are so right, got plenty of that.

      Delete
  5. That chicken recipe looks amazing! I actually have everything in the house for it; I might have to make it for myself. The broccoli....does it have to be precooked or raw? I also have chicken tenders vs. the full breasts but I imagine that doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At last, a recipe that appeals to you JoJo. No you don't have to pre cook the broccoli unless you like it very soft.

      Delete
  6. You'll be bowling better next week. Love that recipe. Sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope so. We bowl Thursday too on our Travel league.

      Delete
  7. I love scientific books unless they get too heavy. Michael Crichton's book had the perfect balance for me. I'll have to investigate Dragon's Egg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved this one. The science was quite heavy, but the story is fascinating and really worth reading in my opinion.

      Delete