Thursday, August 14, 2014

Blogging, Car, Bowling.

You know what, I completely forgot about writing a blog. I got very involved in a book I was reading, The City and the Ship by Anne McCaffery and S.M Stirling, and now I have finished it I suddenly remembered. However, it is somewhat late at night, so this will be short and sweet.

Matt took the car in to have the turn signals fixed. They took a $4 something part and inserted it into the car taking about 5 minutes. This cost us about $78. Unbelievable isn’t it? However, I guess we are now safe again.

At Towne Bowl 3Had our bowling banquet of KFC yesterday. I was disappointed. I remember KFC as being a lot better than it was. Then we bowled and I was disappointed again. You would have thought I had never had a bowling ball in my hands before. Matt didn’t do too badly,  but my game was appalling. Oh well, maybe I’ll do better today.



I love blackberries but have never had them in a drink. I thought this sounded really refreshing.

Blackberry Limeade 


This summer cooler is great to bring along on a picnic or to serve at a backyard party. Pour over ice, if desired.

Yield: 8 servings
Blackberry Limeade Recipe
Ingredients
  • 6 cups water, divided
  • 3 cups fresh blackberries
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
  • 8 thin lime slices
  • Fresh blackberries (optional)
Preparation
  1. Place 1 cup water and 3 cups blackberries in a blender; process until smooth. Press blackberry puree through a sieve into a large pitcher; discard seeds. Add remaining 5 cups water, sugar, and juice to pitcher; stir until sugar dissolves. Place 1 lime slice and a few blackberries, if desired, into each of 8 glasses; pour about 1 cup limeade over each serving.
Have a great day
Jo_thumb[2]

11 comments:

  1. Hi Jo - glad the car's fixed ... the bowling looks fun - love the shot of you. Then the blackberry limeade sounds delicious .. and there are masses of blackberries around at the moment ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seventy-eight is highway robbery.
    Blackberry limeade. That sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly thought so.

      Does, doesn't it.

      Delete
  3. KFC as in Kentucky Fried Chicken? Russell loves that stuff but I won't touch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I remember it as being very good, but I certainly didn't think so yesterday.

      Delete
  4. Bowling is funny like that. Sometimes I would completely lose my mojo too. Not that I was ever very good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Blackberry Limeade sounds lovely Jo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can find some blackberries - nowhere I can just go and pick them.

      Delete
  6. That Blackberry Limeade sounds good! Thanks for sharing another great recipe.

    ReplyDelete