I had kind of determined not to blog until I had finished the book and possibly not til the end of July. My blogging may still be intermittent for the next couple of weeks. In the two weeks following this one we will not be bowling as they are doing renovations so we might do a bit of travelling around. Ve shall see. A friend has invited us over to lunch and as she is due to get a new puppy we might wait until she has it at home. She is replacing her Australian Sheepdog with another one and has been posting pictures of the puppies on Facebook, absolutely adorable. I had to include the second picture, tickled me. I think my friend will likely go for the brown and white. I loved the dark brown one but I can’t have a puppy sadly.
This sounded a good summer recipe from Food and Wine.
Avocado-and-Shrimp Salad with Red Goddess DressingContributed by Jonathan Waxman
SERVINGS: 4 to 6
Chef Jonathan Waxman makes his tangy goddess dressing red instead of the classic green, using red bell peppers for color and flavour.
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 head of lettuce, torn into large pieces
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 Hass avocados, cut into wedges
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- In a blender, combine the roasted pepper, shallot, garlic, jalapeño, yogurt, vinegar and lemon juice and puree until smooth. Scrape the puree into a medium bowl and whisk in 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Season with salt.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with the cilantro leaves, lime juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil; season with salt. Arrange the dressed lettuce, avocado wedges and shrimp on plates and drizzle with some of the dressing. Serve the remaining Red Goddess dressing on the side.
Have a great day