I don’t follow hockey (ice hockey of course over here) I have only ever been to one game, years ago when I missed every goal because someone started talking to me. However, Sunday I was glued to the TV, along with nearly every other Canadian, to watch the Canada/Sweden gold medal match. Way to go guys. 3-0. After the way the Canadian women came back at the end we couldn’t take it for granted that Canada had won until almost the last minute. I hope my Canadian friends wintering in the States were able to see the match too. Congratulations Canada, way to go. That gives us 10 gold, 10 silver and 5 bronze. Russia came first in the medal rankings with Norway second, we were third. Whoopee. The picture shows Sidney Crosby who’s name even I know.
Hey, d’you think that augers well for my bowling today?
This sounds like an interesting twist on Eggs Benedict from Food & Wine.
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/2 very ripe medium Hass avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Poached eggs, for serving
- In a blender, combine the avocado and lemon juice with 1/3 cup of hot water. Puree until smooth and light in texture, about 2 minutes, scraping down the side of the bowl occasionally. With the machine on, drizzle in the olive oil and puree until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the hollandaise over poached eggs.