Phew, Downton Abbey was a shock again last night. One of the ladies maids was raped. In fact it was quite an exciting episode, the cook was having a heart attack, his lordship was ripped off by a card shark and Lady Mary was being courted. Everything ended up OK except for the rape victim who is terrified to tell her husband because she thinks he will kill the rapist and he’s been in jail for suspected murder before. As you can see, I was quite affected by it. It looks as though he will get away with it.
Bowling today of course, I do hope I do better than last Thursday. Doesn’t really matter as we both enjoy it very much anyway.
Do you drink smoothies? I do once in a while, but there is always so much. This one they suggest freezing. It’s prime advantage is that it doesn’t contain any dairy ingredients if you should happen to be lactose intolerant..
WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
Get your daily dose of dark leafy greens any time of day with this delicious green smoothie. Ground flaxseed adds omega-3s. Pour any extra into a freezer-pop mold and have it later as a frozen green smoothie pop.
- 2 medium bananas, ripe
- 1 pear, or apple; ripe, peeled if desired, chopped
- 2 cups kale leaves, chopped, tough stems removed
- 1/2 cup orange juice, cold
- 1/2 cup water, cold
- 12 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed, ground
- Place bananas, pear (or apple), kale, orange juice, water, ice cubes and flaxseed in a blender. Pulse a few times, then puree until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.