As long as I can remember I have known the opening lines of this piece of poetry, why I knew them I have no idea.
- In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
- A stately pleasure-dome decree:
- Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
- Through caverns measureless to man
- Down to a sunless sea.
So twice five miles of fertile ground
- With walls and towers were girdled round:
- And here were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
- Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
- And here were forests ancient as the hills,
- Enfolding sunny spots of greenery.
Last year posted a Chinese recipe for this letter, I was expecting to have to again, but found this one instead.
1 Part Gin
1 Part Yellow Chartreuse
(A milder version of Green Chartreuse, both being made in Voiron, France. But the herbal mixture that the spirits are based upon, are made and known by three monks only. Mysterious!)
1 Part Cherry Brandy
How to mix this cocktailFill a mixing glass with ice cubes. Add all ingredients. Stir and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Have a great weekend.